Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Never really bought into the Islanders hype this season and their meh games this late in the season are pretty much showing why. They're a good team fortunate to be in a terrible division with a core that could use another year or two in the oven. But they will be very formidable by the time the Sabres turn it around.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Carolina up 2:1 against Detroit but they couldn't be bothered to show up against us yesterday :shakehead.

Last edited:

Karate Johnson*

Never really bought into the Islanders hype this season and their meh games this late in the season are pretty much showing why. They're a good team fortunate to be in a terrible division with a core that could use another year or two in the oven. But they will be very formidable by the time the Sabres turn it around.

They will never be a legitimate cup threat with capuano and snow

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
[NHL][/NHL]
They will never be a legitimate cup threat with capuano and snow

You could throw Wang in there as well but at least that's getting rectified. I wouldn't call Cap or Snow "amazing" in their respective positions but the sheer talent on their team is compensating for a lot of that. They don't need either of them to win a cup but they could certainly carry them to one eventually.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Wow, Isles getting scored on in the last seconds after just having tied it. They woulda clinched otherwise.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I'm sure Pittsburgh would be very pleased to take this to OT

That has to be an absolute brick in the pants to the Isles... tie it up with 2 empty netters, then Halak sieves it with 2 seconds left in regulation, for 0 points.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Pens get a loser point. Have they clinched now?
Nope. They have 96 points, Ottawa and Boston have 95, Detroit has 97, and the Isles have 98. I believe all of them still have the possibility of missing out (but only 1 of the 5 will actually miss, because 4 teams have clinched already and the rest are eliminated).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad