Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@MikeChambers

Daniel Briere healthy scratch tonight for #Avs against NYI.

@ArponBasu

Briere's gotten the easiest 5v5 minutes among Avs forwards this season and hasn't produced. (Courtesy @war_on_ice)

B1NvPY_CUAI7mq9.png

Last edited:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC 1m1 minute ago

Per @gcraig1, $230,000 #Isles check endorsed over to gambling ring covered just a small percentage of gambler's total debt. #holyletitride

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC 3m3 minutes ago

That $230,000 check drawn on Islanders account? Merely made a dent in a gambler's $1 million-plus debt with bookies.

Jesus, Thomas.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
[post=91770405]Fugu's put the kibosh[/post] on this discussion, as it's potentially libelous, so any further posts will go into the trash can.

Good luck proving actual malice of HFBoards posters, Public Figure Thomas Vanek.

Karate Johnson*

[post=91770405]Fugu's put the kibosh[/post] on this discussion, as it's potentially libelous, so any further posts will go into the trash can.

I think Fugu might be a little paranoid.

There is zero chance anyone involved is going to attempt to file a libel charge on a poster here.

In the grand scheme of things this website is meaningless

Karate Johnson*

The concern isn't losing in a lawsuit. The concern is even being sued at all.

Never ever ever ever ever in 1,000,000 going to happen.

Ever.

A judge wouldn't bother

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Never ever ever ever ever in 1,000,000 going to happen.

Ever.

A judge wouldn't bother

True. My OP got edited.
What was deleted?: direct quotes from a reputable newspaper (Democrat & Chronicle). Just because it mentioned a hockey player by name.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
I think Fugu might be a little paranoid.

There is zero chance anyone involved is going to attempt to file a libel charge on a poster here.

In the grand scheme of things this website is meaningless

The was a certain hedgehog looking GM of a team just north who sued this board when he got fired. The cost of another suit may make people wary.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@DallasStars: To this day, they say if you fondly remember '99, you can hear whimper "no goal".

Then you remember aren't real. http://t.co/8Obsj6V8Px

@AndrewCieslak: The Stars twitter account trolling the No Goal. Head coach Lindy Ruff. That is spectacular stupidity.

:laugh:

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
if ghosts aren't real how do you explain 80% attendance in a metro area of 6 million

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/281081872.html

In an interview with WHEC-TV’s Berkeley Brean in Rochester, N.Y., lawyer Jim Wolford, who represents Mark Ruff, said the $230,000 “check that was identified as far as the money laundering was a New York Islander check.”

That check, apparently endorsed over to the men, was to pay off a gambling debt, Ruff admitted in court.

Asked what he was implying by saying the check was a New York Islander check, Wolford told WHEC-TV, “Thomas Vanek was here [in federal court], what, a couple months ago? I think at the last hearing he was playing for the Islanders.”

When asked if he was inferring the check came from Vanek, Wolford said, “It came from the Islanders. … Put it this way, I was a little surprised when I heard on the news that Mr. Vanek was claiming complete innocence with respect to this entire operation.”

Bartlett was incensed by the lawyer’s comments.

“If you read it quickly or you listen to his comments, it almost alludes to the fact that Thomas vanek was involved in money laundering, which is totally false,” Bartlett told the Star Tribune. “He is not the subject of any investigation or criminal charges or anything whatsoever. He was a witness against this guy who was the bookmaker. He was the guy that wanted money and Thomas paid it to him. Thomas wasn’t involved in any bookmaking activities.

“Now people are like, ‘Oh, Thomas was a money launderer. That’s totally false. He was the bettor. He bet on football games. Obviously that’s what he was testifying to. It doesn’t take Einstein to figure that out.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad