Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Continued from: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1724607

Last night, the Rangers scored five in the third to stun the Wild 5-4 and also had two players booted for these incidents:

hRnM4YA.gif

john-moore.gif

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...ad-enough-of-the-questions-about-his-defense/

The following is Nail Yakupov‘s response to being asked, again, about his defensive game (from TSN):

Yakupov: Every day I’m talking to media just all about defense, so I don’t want to talk about this. Sometimes it just piss me off. So, let’s do something different. Let’s talk about different things.

Reporter: What pisses you off? I don’t understand what you’re saying.

Yakupov: Everyone asking me about defense. I’m not defensive and I like to play forward. OK, let’s do another question.

:biglaugh:

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
wild fan question did Pominville whiff a lot and miss the net a lot when he played for the sabres are is just a Minnesota thing?

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
wild fan question did Pominville whiff a lot and miss the net a lot when he played for the sabres are is just a Minnesota thing?

Yes, he definitely did that often here, too. Great player, but I never liked him at the point on the power play.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
No suspension for Krieder, as the league continues to let its big market teams play as recklessly as possible.

Crazy. Kaleta would have gotten 10 games for that.

I guess you can't suspend two key players from a big market team at the same time. That would be a hardship. :cry:

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Crazy. Kaleta would have gotten 10 games for that.

I guess you can't suspend two key players from a big market team at the same time. That would be a hardship. :cry:

Kaleta would have been banned for life for that. Krieder should have gotten at least 10. That was one of the worst hit from behinds you'll ever see.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
To be fair on the boarding, it was a hit from the side, not behind.

Now if Moore gets off from the elbow to the head....

Yeah it was a hit from the side...the back side.

Kaleta would have been banned for life for that. Krieder should have gotten at least 10. That was one of the worst hit from behinds you'll ever see.

Not nearly the worst, but the NHL still needs to impose suspensions that actually matter.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals host Jimmy Howard and the Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday Night Rivalry - 7:30 pm ET on NBCSN.
Mike ‘Doc’ Emrick (play by play) and Pierre McGuire (analyst) will call the game from Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.

Minnesota Wild visit Boston Bruins - Tuesday night - 7:00 pm ET on NBCSN.
Dave Strader (play-by-play) and Brian Engblom (analyst) will call the game from TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts.

Programming Alert - NBCSN adds New York Islanders at San Jose Sharks on Saturday at 10:30 pm ET.
Randy Hahn (play-by-play) and Jamie Baker (analyst) will call the game from the SAP Center in San Jose, California.

Notre Dame (Connor Hurley/Cal Petersen) Hosts Vermont in Hockey East Series This Weekend -
Friday at 8:00 pm ET on NBCSN - Saturday at 7:00 pm ET on NBC Sports LIVE Extra via NBCSports.com -
John Walton (play-by-play) and Anson Carter (analyst) will call both games from Compton Family Ice Arena in Notre Dame, Indiana.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...detroit-red-wings-on-wednesday-night-rivalry/

Last edited:

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I didn't expect Kreider to get suspended, Brodin was stupid and stopped way too far from the boards.

the responsibility is ostensibly on the player making the hit, though the nhl clearly doesn't enforce it that way with consistency

I agree with it from a safety standpoint, the attitude should be "I shouldn't act in a way to injure someone" rather than "I shouldn't be in a position to get injured"

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Moore gets a DoPS phone hearing scheduled for tomorrow. He's a repeat offender with a similar hit on Dale Weise in last season's playoffs.

Correction: Rangers' John Moore offered in-person hearing

New York Rangers defenseman John Moore has been offered an in-person hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety as the result of an incident with Minnesota Wild forward Erik Haula at 7:12 of the second period at Madison Square Garden on Monday.

Moore was offered the opportunity for an in-person hearing as required by provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement for any suspension that can exceed five games. Date and time have not been announced.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
the responsibility is ostensibly on the player making the hit, though the nhl clearly doesn't enforce it that way with consistency

I agree with it from a safety standpoint, the attitude should be "I shouldn't act in a way to injure someone" rather than "I shouldn't be in a position to get injured"

Yeah I just think Kreider wasn't expecting it. Usually it's just a natural thing...player A drives player B into the boards on a forecheck...player B goes into boards, player A expects him to fully go in and not stop several feet away.

Kreider probably should have been going a little bit slower, but I don't place the entirety of the fault on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad