Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I don't view it as scummy. The defenseman is trying to tail and tie up a guy who's charging his crease. If he doesn't engage the guy physically, he's letting him in a dangerous area for free. But coming from behind, it's hard to play him physically in a way that doesn't tend to push him into the net.

I don't know exactly how you want defensemen to play forwards like that, unless it's to let them get in and have first grabs at any puck thrown that way while they try to recover position. You could make an argument for that, actually. It just might not be popular.

This seems a bit too rational and objective for my taste.

I'll stick to my "gentle slew foot" theory. It fuels my Bruins hate.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Totally missed that. Huh.

I don't know. Did the guy get a penalty? I can't see the problem either way.

No penalty.

Hamilton had no business tying up Stamkos like that, from behind, in the offensive zone.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Apparently Larionov is flying to EDM to talk to Lowe about how Yak is being used.

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 1m
If EDM unhappy with him, Larionov said Yak open to trade: "We're willing to make a move. Any team. That happens and that's part of life."

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Apparently Larionov is flying to EDM to talk to Lowe about how Yak is being used.

Why do I think this is just the start of a career long poor attitude. Talented, but I want nothing to do with talented divas.

I am confident he won't but .... Don't do it Darcy. Please and thank you.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Hamilton had no legit reason to shove Stamkos, but that play happens too often. I've always hated it just like shoves from behind into the boards, but shoves into the net isn't the "in" thing to call yet. Ironically, that's the kind of play that Malone injured Ennis with two years back in Tampa.

And yes, Boston does get a regular benefit of the doubt because they have the most influential owner in the league.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
You know Stamkos got pushed into his own net, right?

That's what I didn't like about the play. I didn't really see a slew foot, but I saw a player who saw an oppurtunity to cheap shot an opponents top player and decided to take it. Like I said, I'm sure Hamilton didn't mean to break Stamkos' leg, but nonetheless that was the end result.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
People blaming Hamilton give your head a shake, its a hockey play that happens 15 times a game

Last edited:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Hamilton going to the net...

Unfortunate result for Stamkos ...

As much as I'd like to rail on the Bruins.. I can't.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Why do I think this is just the start of a career long poor attitude. Talented, but I want nothing to do with talented divas.

I am confident he won't but .... Don't do it Darcy. Please and thank you.

I'm right on the other end of this one

then again I think players should be on equal standing with the teams which is definitely not how the nhl is built

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I didn't particularly care for Hamilton's move there -- it's contact to put Stamkos into the net. That is happens often enough and even more vigorously at times doesn't change that I don't care for how that happened.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
People around here still ***** about Drury getting hit.

Had no problem with the Drury hit. It was a check in the open ice. The fact he got it in the head was just unfortunate. I do however have a problem with a guy unneccesarily shoving a guy into his own net or putting a guy moving at full speed into a stanchion like Chara did to Max Pac. Guess you guys are just that more enlightened than me.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Keep telling yourself that, I cannot believe you think this is a dirty play.

Tell me how that shove has any actual, useful, tactical value. It was after the puck went the other way, there was no scoring chance, and Hamilton wasn't defending his own net. Tell me how shoving Stamkos in that scenario does ANYTHING other than try to get under his or his team's skin? It's just a cheap, pissy kind of move that happens a lot...and it's always pissy and cheap. Just because it hardly ever results in an injury (like Malone injured Ennis two years ago), doesn't make it less pissy and cheap.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Had no problem with the Drury hit. It was a check in the open ice. The fact he got it in the head was just unfortunate. I do however have a problem with a guy unneccesarily shoving a guy into his own net or putting a guy moving at full speed into a stanchion like Chara did to Max Pac. Guess you guys are just that more enlightened than me.
I don't have a problem with people that are mad at the contact Hamilton gave Stamkos or blame them after the guy has his leg snapped because of the play. I personally don't see it as a malicious play. My problem is with posters who constantly start throwing out conspiracy theories seconds after a play happens. Do I think Boston gets special treatment? Of course, it's hard to dismiss the type of person Jacobs is and the role he has in each lockout. But to think that a ref was watching the play develop and put away his whistle because of the logo on the jersey is insane. But like I said anytime something bad happens to Buffalo people still bring up the Neil hit as a reason why the league is out to get us so there is crazy all around.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I doubt Jacobs' influence has any effect on how refs make calls, but probably has effect on how the league handles discipline. Once the team recognizes that, they could easily begin to play a harder game with less fear of consequences. I'm not saying for sure that has happened, but it's a pretty simple matter of putting two and two together if the Bruins so choose.

Edit - and no, I'm not saying that's what Hamilton was thinking or that it had anything to do with anything. What Hamilton did happens too often across the league, just without injury most times.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I don't have a problem with people that are mad at the contact Hamilton gave Stamkos or blame them after the guy has his leg snapped because of the play. I personally don't see it as a malicious play. My problem is with posters who constantly start throwing out conspiracy theories seconds after a play happens. Do I think Boston gets special treatment? Of course, it's hard to dismiss the type of person Jacobs is and the role he has in each lockout. But to think that a ref was watching the play develop and put away his whistle because of the logo on the jersey is insane. But like I said anytime something bad happens to Buffalo people still bring up the Neil hit as a reason why the league is out to get us so there is crazy all around.

Who's "constantly" throwing out conspiracy theories? And who's bringing up the Drury hit besides you?

Any more strawmen you wanna get off your chest?

Now back to the point, the play was shady, Hamilton is a *********, and the Bruins are evil incarnate. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->