Around the NHL XXXVIII: Nope, still eliminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Watching other teams makes me HATE the garden. You could hear a mouse fart in the Garden during our series with the Pens. If Nashville scores this place will explode.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
This game is so good.

So are these teams. Either one of these teams would absolutely destroy even the 2014 or 2015 Rangers. This is just such superior hockey compared to what we are used to.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
This game is so good.

So are these teams. Either one of these teams would absolutely destroy even the 2014 or 2015 Rangers. This is just such superior hockey compared to what we are used to.

Watching other teams always makes me wonder what are the Rangers doing.

And here's SJ's yearly collapse..

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Watching other teams always makes me wonder what are the Rangers doing.

And here's SJ's yearly collapse..

Well, some are golfing while other are swimming, and some few playing championships. :)

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
All I think watching these playoffs is how mad I am that the year we made it to the final we played probably the only team that was going to beat us that year. If that 2014 Rangers team was playing now...

2014 is going to haunt me forever, isn't it?

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
This game is so good.

Come on, now. Last years team was the best in hockey. Healthy, they would beat all of these remaining teams.

Absolutely destroy? Jeez.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
This game is so good.

Couldn't possibly disagree more. I think the 2014 Rangers beat every team left in the field in a 7 game series.

The Kings of that year would, as you say, absolutely destroy any of the teams left.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I think the 2014 team would have trouble with the Blues and Preds because of the heavy, defensive game they play. Kings lite. Total counter to the play style of that team.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I think the 2014 team would have trouble with the Blues and Preds because of the heavy, defensive game they play. Kings lite. Total counter to the play style of that team.

yeah lots of revisionist history with regards to that playoff run. people are acting like we curb stomped teams on our way to the finals.

First round I believe Steve Mason was playing with or recovering from a concussion...so we had emery in goal and he was terrible till Mason came back...Emery was terrible. It took a 2-1 game 7 win for us to beat the Flyers.

Second round we had the Penguins. We got crushed in games 2-4 getting shut out twice and falling down 3 games to 1. Henrik Lundqvist gave up 1 goal in each of the next 3 games to win the series for the Rangers. Again in 7 games. Henrik stopped 104 out of 107 shots in those final 3 games. Thats a .972 save percentage... Once again Henrik carrying this team on his back single handedly.

The Rangers then got the ECF and Carey Price was out after game 1. It still took the Rangers 6 games to beat a "Priceless" Canadiens...we saw how the Habs look w/o Price in net this season. They played their 3rd string goalie because of how terrible their backup was. That goalie was traded to the Ducks and is like their 4th or 5th goalie on their depth chart.

So much revisionist history. Yes that was the best Rangers team we've had in a looooong time. Yes, that was a joy to watch.

No that team did not stampede through the NHL playoffs and no that team would not dominate the teams that are playing now...in fact I don't see that team beating either of the 2 juggernauts in the east (Caps and Pens) and I don't see that team beating the Blues, Sharks, or Preds...it probably could beat the very injury depleted Dallas Stars.

If they did beat those teams, it would assuredly be a VERY close series.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
In unrelated news, Edmonton is now under 3 feet of Oiler fan tears.

Maybe they would now like to add a grizzled veteran like Danny G or Marc Staal?

Hell, maybe they want to overpay for Klein or McIlrath. Maybe they had all their eggs in the Hamonic basket and will be desperate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad