Around the NHL XXXVIII: Nope, still eliminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Ottawa hired Guy Boucher as their head coach and Marc Crawford is joining him as an assistant

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I put that loss on AV

Agreed, I think he had some say in it. There had to have been rumbling that Glass was available and that AV wanted him. That might have been the nail in the coffin for Boyle. Having a 4th line of Boyle-Moore-Glass would have constituted nearly $5M on the salary cap. That's way too much for a 4th line.

Of course, Sather could have also not been an idiot and signed Glass for half of his current AAV. AV could also not be an idiot and play Glass 1 out of every 5 games.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I still look forward to the news AV is fired. I doubt it will happen now. Anyway, I'd like to see the Caps knock off the whiny Penguins.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
This whole "we let Boyle go" thing has got to stop. We didn't "let him go". the organization wanted him back but as a 4th liner, Boyle said he wanted more ice time, to be a top 9 guy. He signed with TB thinking he had a shot to be a top 9 guy, and it didnt hurt that his new wife was from TB either. It wasn't an issue of money.

Also, he's been getting the same TOI in TB the last 2 years as he did in NY
2012-2013 - 14:13
2013-14 - 12:46
14-15 - 12:00
15-16 - 12:55

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
This whole "we let Boyle go" thing has got to stop. We didn't "let him go". the organization wanted him back but as a 4th liner, Boyle said he wanted more ice time, to be a top 9 guy. He signed with TB thinking he had a shot to be a top 9 guy, and it didnt hurt that his new wife was from TB either. It wasn't an issue of money.

Also, he's been getting the same TOI in TB the last 2 years as he did in NY
2012-2013 - 14:13
2013-14 - 12:46
14-15 - 12:00
15-16 - 12:55

Pretty sure that this rumor was debunked and the Rangers never even offered him a contract.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I have a pretty good personal connection to BB and heard that the Rangers made one "embarrassingly low" offer i.e. a significant cut to his previous salary.

Take it with a grain of salt, but I'm confident that the org had zero intention of retaining him for whatever reason. Role / personal issues / $ made Tampa attractive as a destination but that was only after being essentially cut loose.

Onion Boy

Jan 29, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
I feel like there is a lot of revisionist history going on here. I don't remember Rangers fans shedding many tears when Boyle and Stralman signed with TB, especially when the contract figures became public. Same with Hagelin.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I feel like there is a lot of revisionist history going on here. I don't remember Rangers fans shedding many tears when Boyle and Stralman signed with TB, especially when the contract figures became public. Same with Hagelin.

the only one I think a significant group of people called at the jump was Stralman.

Everyone agreed Boyle was not a top 9 guy, and he's not in TB.

Hagelin. I think everyone knew we'd miss him, but most didn't feel like he was worth 4/16. Plus, we have to give Gropp some time before judging the deal.

Jan 8, 2012
NY

Mostly everyone agreed that Stralman got a contract that was equal to his play at worst and more value for his play at best.

The fact that Girardi got a million more per year than Stralman just boggles my mind.

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
Brian Boyle is a nice 4th line player. I would have liked him back but he wasn't coming back, I don't think, no matter what.

And if he was playing on the Rangers #1 power play unit, this board would explode.

He's a nice player who had his career basically saved by the Rangers and parlayed that into a UFA contract. Much like Stralman, who wanted to stay, unlike Boyle.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009

I was 50/50 when Stralman left, but I understood why with the cap situation. I could not foresee Staal and Girardi regressing as much as they did though. :rant:

Btw anyone just see that Fiddler goal? :yo:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Mostly everyone agreed that Stralman got a contract that was equal to his play at worst and more value for his play at best.

The fact that Girardi got a million more per year than Stralman just boggles my mind.

Yes, but he had a breakthrough season in Tampa though, and I guess such things are hard to predict.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Brian Boyle is a nice 4th line player. I would have liked him back but he wasn't coming back, I don't think, no matter what.

And if he was playing on the Rangers #1 power play unit, this board would explode.

He's a nice player who had his career basically saved by the Rangers and parlayed that into a UFA contract. Much like Stralman, who wanted to stay, unlike Boyle.

His career was saved by Barbara underwood.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I know a lot of people here are pining for Nischushkin if the Rangers make a deal with Dallas, but Janmark and Faksa have impressed me way more this postseason.

Nish hasn't shown me anything to suggest that he is about to break out and be an impact player soon. Janmark and Faksa on the other hand...

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I know a lot of people here are pining for Nischushkin if the Rangers make a deal with Dallas, but Janmark and Faksa have impressed me way more this postseason.

Nish hasn't shown me anything to suggest that he is about to break out and be an impact player soon. Janmark and Faksa on the other hand...

Faksa looks so poised and controlled for such a young kid. He might not be a world beater offensively but he always seems to be in the right place and makes the subtle plays, you can't teach that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad