Around the NHL XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Injuries have played a role in Brassard's disastrous 2018/19 season, but that they surely aren't the sole reason for his decline. Brassard was a major disappointment in both his seasons in Ottawa, without any crippling injuries occurring in them.

Say what now?

Arguably his longest lasting injury happened down the stretch in his first season with us, his torn labrum in his shoulder, that he arguably has never recovered 100% from. His shot has never been as good as it was before that injury. He's has extremely limited mobility and strength in that shoulder ever since, to the point where he has almost changed the way he approaches shooting, which has obviously negatively affected him.

The groin & hip injuries he's been dealing with, yeah that happened in Pittsburgh for the most part, but his offensive game has been neutered as a result of having a bum shoulder, and that happened with us.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Karlsson vs Stone in the 1st round. Sweet!
I think Stone's team buries Karlsson's team in 6. I do hope Karlsson is able to play in his usual playoff form and isnt crippled by his groin injury. Karlsson in the playoffs makes for unreal hockey to watch as a fan regardless of what team you cheer for.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Quenneville is headed to Florida and a high chance Panarin goes there as well. The Atlantic is going to be tough.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Quenneville is headed to Florida and a high chance Panarin goes there as well. The Atlantic is going to be tough.
That's probably good for the tank. Hopefully Ottawa's time will come in a few years when some of the Atlantic teams lose some steam. Then it's time for unparalleled success :naughty:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

It's possible that in response Columbus throws a ridiculous amount of money at Duchene and still sucks next year, which would be great for us.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I'm a little surprised to see the Calgary Colorado game isn't starting until 8:30pm local time here in Calgary on Saturday. I'm excited for 17 ave (the red mile). It could get pretty crazy out here in Calgary.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
There's a decent chance that the lower seed could win every first round series in the West. Colorado seems least likely to do it, but I think I favour Vegas, St. Louis and Dallas in the others.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Also Boughner and Housley were relieved of duties. Tallon is reportedly after Quenneville already.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
30 goals 74 points for Zibanejad. Still hate this trade to this day.

Mind boggling that Dorion still has a job.

This is great news. After 5 years without looking at it, I took a look at my hockey cards and it happens that I have a pretty sick Zibanejad Rookie Cards collection, I talked about my Karlsson collection on here before but never about Zib’s. I have a lot of 1 of 1’s including some sick triple autos with Landeskog and Larsson

Might be the perfect time to sell high.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
PSA for you HFSens guys using streams.

You can buy an antenna for 5-10 bucks from places like Prime Cables and pick up the CBC in crystal clear HD. Great deal for the playoffs.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
It’s so crazy watching Florida go out and pay 6 mill a year for Quenneville, and apparently be going after Bob and Panarin on July 1 while we pay minimum for coaches and trade anyone due for a raise. There’s really no excuse for getting outspent by Florida.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It’s so crazy watching Florida go out and pay 6 mill a year for Quenneville, and apparently be going after Bob and Panarin on July 1 while we pay minimum for coaches and trade anyone due for a raise. There’s really no excuse for getting outspent by Florida.

Does he walk on water?

Reactions: Smeddy and Slack

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Isn’t their owner incredibly rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad