Around the NHL XXXVI - Final Countdown: 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
imagine they miss and win the lotto, and all their guys leave.

we will have the Jackets Pick Tracker up next year

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
imagine they miss and win the lotto, and all their guys leave.

we will have the Jackets Pick Tracker up next year

I don't see (all) their UFAs leaving if they acquire a guy like Kakko/Hughes; and they would still have a very decent team without the 4 you're mentioning.

I'd much rather them drop this season to as close to the 4th pick as possible :popcorn:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I don't see (all) their UFAs leaving if they acquire a guy like Kakko/Hughes; and they would still have a very decent team without the 4 you're mentioning.

I'd much rather them drop this season to as close to the 4th pick as possible :popcorn:

I think Duchene, Bob, and Panarin have their minds made up already. Dzingel I have a feeling will stay their regardless. I don't see them being a legit playoff team without Panarin and Bobrovsky. They could fight for a wild card spot. not much point to discuss it tho the likelyhood of that outcome is very low. Lets just hope they go through an epic losing streak and we get that pick in the top 10.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Seems like some Jackets fans are not happy with Duchene and Dzingle.

Even saw one say that Dzingle looks like an ahler. lol

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The worst case scenario might be CBJ missing the playoffs this year and not winning the lottery.

Duchene walks because he wants to go to a contender, meaning no 2020 pick for us.

The pick probably ends up in the same range as it would had they made the playoffs and not made it to the conference final.

The best case scenario might be CBJ missing and winning the lottery this season. Especially if they can do a sign/trade with FLA to send them Panrovsky on an 8 year term and get back someone Duchene has chemistry with like Hoffman. So all of a sudden they can go to Duchene and say look we missed this year, but we have Hoffman, Dzingel, you, and we also have Hughes or Kakko on their ELC. Duchene signs, we get their 2020 and 2021 picks (presumably unprotected) and with Bob/Panarin out, even with those additions, they probably aren't a lock to be a playoff team going forward and we have basically their entire top draft picks for two seasons straight.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The Arizona Coyotes are pushing for a playoff spot. Their leading scorer has 41 points. Team penalty kill is #2 in the league.

Without Raanta most of the season.

They were smart enough to hire a GM who got really good grades at a Canadian business school, so it makes sense that he'd turn it around.

Reactions: solidprospect

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I know it's early/transition to the west/yadda yadda, but Stone isn't exactly lighting it up in Vegas yet. 1 assist in his first 4 games.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Doesn't look like Karlsson and the Sharks have made any progress on a deal, still a little early but no news since the alleged contact after the All-Star break. If the Sharks are eliminated quickly from the Playoffs, I could see Karlsson moving on and maybe coming back to Ottawa? :sarcasm:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Doesn't look like Karlsson and the Sharks have made any progress on a deal, still a little early but no news since the alleged contact after the All-Star break. If the Sharks are eliminated quickly from the Playoffs, I could see Karlsson moving on and maybe coming back to Ottawa? :sarcasm:

Karlsson isn't a player teams say they dont have room for it's a player teams make room for. He is gonna hit the market and look at all his options for his career

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I know it's early/transition to the west/yadda yadda, but Stone isn't exactly lighting it up in Vegas yet. 1 assist in his first 4 games.

Vegas system is entirely different than Sens system. Plus he is not getting the ice time that he got in Ottawa. Gallant roles all 4 lines.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Has to keep the wife happy. He might spend a couple of the weeks in the summer here, not much more home than that.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Jackets are really turning on the pressure on Wiinipeg!!

EDIT: spoke too soon. 3-2 Jets. 4-2 now. GG

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Does Jarmo get canned if the Jackets miss the playoffs?

I mean i get Jarmo had enough and wanted to go all in, but going all in when your team is not even a lock for the playoffs is stupid.

He basically gave away all of their picks.

Reactions: DrEasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad