Around the NHL XXXVI - Final Countdown: 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Dzingel is barely getting any icetime in Columbus and it is steadily going down each following game(only got 11:38 tonight!). Seems like Torts isn't a fan at all. And considering the Jackets can barely score lately, it's a weird choice not to give him more shifts in the top-6 but perhaps like some of us have noticed in his time here, he doesn't do much to impact the game positively if he isn't shooting.

I'd still give him more toi though.

Reactions: Beville

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Dzingel is barely getting any icetime in Columbus and it is steadily going down each following game(only got 11:38 tonight!). Seems like Torts isn't a fan at all. And considering the Jackets can barely score lately, it's a weird choice not to give him more shifts in the top-6 but perhaps like some of us have noticed in his time here, he doesn't do much to impact the game positively if he isn't shooting.

I'd still give him more toi though.

... Did we pump-n-dump Dzingel?

4 game sample size is too small to tell, but less than 12mins of icetime is a bad sign in the short-term.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Torts also scratched McQuaid after Jarmo acquired him as well. He's just an angry guy that does a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense because he doesn't want anyone to take credit for anything besides himself.

Reactions: Six Assets

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
That was the only trade in the last year that really made sense from a purely hockey standpoint. He's a good player, but selling high on him was 100% the right move.

Brassard to the Pens last trade deadline is still Dorion’s best move. We got Gustavsson, JBD, Tychonick and Columbus 3rd in 2020 (as a result of trading Ian Cole) as a result

That’s a killer return, like 2 firsts (if you consider Gus as a 1st round value pick), a 2nd and a 3rd

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I'm sure it's going to be the same as when Karlsson was struggling at the beginning of the season while DeMelo and Tierney were lighting it up. Sooner or later (probably sooner) Stone will start finding the back of the net and balance will be restored to the universe.

That said, Gibbons and Lindberg seem to have had no trouble adjusting to a completely new team and conference style of play...

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
... what is a Derek Kukan?
Its Dean Kukan actually. And he played for Columbus last night. Had 11:54 of ice time. For 71% ozone starts and was -12 in SAT.

Personally, I'd rather McQuaid. Especially to get him integrated into the team.

But alas, Torterella is what he is and will make it all about himself.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Brassard to the Pens last trade deadline is still Dorion’s best move. We got Gustavsson, JBD, Tychonick and Columbus 3rd in 2020 (as a result of trading Ian Cole) as a result

That’s a killer return, like 2 firsts (if you consider Gus as a 1st round value pick), a 2nd and a 3rd
The team that deals Brassard away has always won the trade.

Reactions: stempniaksen

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The team that deals Brassard away has always won the trade.

The Blue Jackets "lost" the Gaborik trade.

They gave up Brassard, Moore, Dorsett, and a 6th rounder to the Rangers for Gaborik.

Columbus got 34 games total out of Gaborik. No playoffs.

They then traded Gaborik to LAK for a 2nd/3rd and Matt Frattin. LAK went on to win the Stanley Cup.

Keep in mind, the Rangers got a 3rd round pick for Dorsett as well, so ultimately it works out as if the Blue Jackets traded Brassard and a 6th, for a late 2nd and 34 games of Marian Gaborik.

Brassard then became a big part of a very dominant Rangers team that went deep into the playoffs multiple times.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I'm not surprised Tortorella doesn't like Dzingel. Good scorer but is also soft and sometimes suspect defensively. I think Dzingel will go somewhere else like home to Chicago and thrive there playing with Toews or Kane. I would love to see him on McDavid's wing if the Oilers can make some cap room.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
The Blue Jackets "lost" the Gaborik trade.

They gave up Brassard, Moore, Dorsett, and a 6th rounder to the Rangers for Gaborik.

Columbus got 34 games total out of Gaborik. No playoffs.

They then traded Gaborik to LAK for a 2nd/3rd and Matt Frattin. LAK went on to win the Stanley Cup.

Keep in mind, the Rangers got a 3rd round pick for Dorsett as well, so ultimately it works out as if the Blue Jackets traded Brassard and a 6th, for a late 2nd and 34 games of Marian Gaborik.

Brassard then became a big part of a very dominant Rangers team that went deep into the playoffs multiple times.
You're technically right, but that's ancient history. I amend my claim accordingly.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad