Around the NHL XXXVI - Final Countdown: 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Yup!

But that was from a few days ago, and written as a portential reason why Avs fans were being pissy, at that time.

I’m sure they will go from happy to pissy again depending on every fluctuation in the standings.

Don't be angry at avs fans. Be angry at Dorion and Melnyk.

if we had the the chance at picking a franchise talent through another teams pick id be all in for that team to suck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensung

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Tim Murray is sitting around somewhere with a grumpy look on his face thinking that's his team he built lol

He's probably bitter, but Botterill really gave the team a make over this off season. Lucking into Dahlin probably helped.

Murray's biggest contribution to the current team is that he had the vision and balls to sell ownership on tanking in the right year where last place guarranteed them Eichel.

Murray's biggest acquisitions were O'Reilly, Kane, and Lehner. All three are now gone.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
He did tank for their most important piece

This is underrated.

It sounds ridiculous, but he deserves credit for tanking.

I'm a bit surprised that no one really tried to out tank him. It was a perfect storm that season to tank since last place guarranteed a franchise center. People can talk about the negatives about tanking, but howeveruch Eichel is worth makes up for that.

When we were doing poorly that season before the hamburglar run, we probably should have tried to tank the rest of the season by dealing Anderson. A shot at McDavid+Eichel was just so valuable. Obviously, that wasn't going to work because Hammond would have been ended up in net and we know how that ended, but nobody was going to predict that.

Reactions: Anaxagoras and DJB

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Don't be angry at avs fans. Be angry at Dorion and Melnyk.

if we had the the chance at picking a franchise talent through another teams pick id be all in for that team to suck.

Not angry, you obviously didn’t follow the discussion.

All good.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
No one anymore doubts superiority of the Finnish race.
Tell me more
129958-004-C9B8B89D.jpg

Reactions: Xspyrit and Beville

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Here’s my take:
Strome and Perlini were both draft picks by Arizona before Chyka arrived so they wernt highly regarded by that front office in the first place. Strome has struggled in the NHL but has been able to produce at every other level. Yes he’s a bad skater and that will hold him back but the talent is clearly still there and he’s far and away the best of the Stromes. Perlini doesn’t have the hockey IQ but is a good skater and is big. Park him in front of the net and he’ll get some goals.
Schmaltz is the best player in this deal and I believe can be a 70pt guy in the future. I believe Arizona just wanted to get some value out of those guys however before it plummets more than it already has.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Chiasson scored again lmao.

Guy is on a Dallas pace. Did I ever hate this player when he was here. One of the most bland player I've ever seen. Bad skater, always taking penalties, no shot, decent passer and good along the boards. You knew nothing good was going to happen when he was on the ice. Killed every line he was on.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Hextall fired.

Dude won pretty much every trade he made. Was patient and built through the draft. Flyers are going to be a powerhouse soon thanks to him.

Would love for him to be the Sens GM.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad