🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Tell me more
129958-004-C9B8B89D.jpg

Well Finland did side with the Germans, in 1939–1940 during WW2 vs the USSR

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
The Sens are two points away from last in the East. Everything is pretty tight right now in the standings so they are only 5 points back of the wild card, but even an optimist like myself can see which direction the team is more likely to go the last 60 games with the way the defense has played so far. Chances are the Avs pick will be top 10 in a pretty good draft, so although they may not get Hughes, they're likely to get a real good player.

When all is said and done Colorado will likely end up with a good, non lottery draft pick and Sam Girard as the prize for Duchene (Kamenev looks like a 4th liner at best and Bowers has regresssed this year at Boston U) Which is a solid return, but not quite the highway robbery that Avs fans have been crowing about for the past year.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Hopefully the Blues pull it together, otherwise the Sabres are going to be unstoppable.

Imagine adding a top pick in 2020 to Eichel and Dahlin.

Both Colorado and Buffalo may finish top 5 and pick in the top 5 in back to back years...

Duchene version 2.0.

Funny that it happens to Colorado's 1st and 2nd round picks in the 09' draft.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
When all is said and done Colorado will likely end up with a good, non lottery draft pick and Sam Girard as the prize for Duchene (Kamenev looks like a 4th liner at best and Bowers has regresssed this year at Boston U) Which is a solid return, but not quite the highway robbery that Avs fans have been crowing about for the past year.

The Sens are heading for the cellar as we speak.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Hopefully the Blues pull it together, otherwise the Sabres are going to be unstoppable.

Imagine adding a top pick in 2020 to Eichel and Dahlin.

Both Colorado and Buffalo may finish top 5 and pick in the top 5 in back to back years...

Duchene version 2.0.

Funny that it happens to Colorado's 1st and 2nd round picks in the 09' draft.

There's a condition on the pick that allows the Blues to keep their pick if it ends up being in the top 10.

Still though, the Sabres have 4 1st round picks (BUFx2, STL, SJ) over the next 2YRs, and their future is already stacked.

Add another powerhouse to the Atlantic divison.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
There's a condition on the pick that allows the Blues to keep their pick if it ends up being in the top 10.

Still though, the Sabres have 4 1st round picks (BUFx2, STL, SJ) over the next 2YRs, and their future is already stacked.

Add another powerhouse to the Atlantic divison.
Yeah, that's why I said 2020 daft, and they'd be doing it in back to back years

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Yeah, that's why I said 2020 daft, and they'd be doing it in back to back years

Ok that makes sense.

I doubt the Blues suck this hard next season though. Their forward and D on paper are actually quite good. It's just their goaltending that is losing them hockey games.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Interesting fact: all players drafted and signed by tim Murray have been traded away. All success is attributed to the new gm

Eichel was drafted by Murray. Reinhart as well.

Okposo, Bogosian, Beaulieu

Last edited:

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Watching a bit of the Tor-SJ game to see how EK is doing. He was not on the ice for this but the Sharks allowed a 2 on 0 right at their net for an easy pp goal. On that play they looked worse than the Sens pk.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I am skeptical that we can be a cup contender without another top ~3 pick like most of the top teams of recent years have had.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Will it be highway robbery if Duchene is traded? Because I don't trust Dorion getting close or near to close full value for him in the event he is traded

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I'm praying the Leafs trade Nylander for Pesce. I've got some Pesce hockey cards that I paid nothing for. If the Leafs trade for him, I'm gonna be rolling in tens of dollars of profit.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Chiasson scored again. He has 11 goals
We traded him for a concussion
Not sure why we couldn’t have kept a 6’4” 15 goal scorer in the bottom 6. Wait, he went to arbitration yes? There was some problems with the relationship we can assume? (I know he’s not a total game changer or anything but I liked him as a bottom 6er)

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Not sure why we couldn’t have kept a 6’4” 15 goal scorer in the bottom 6. Wait, he went to arbitration yes? There was some problems with the relationship we can assume? (I know he’s not a total game changer or anything but I liked him as a bottom 6er)

We didn't want to pay him 1.2M+ for something like a dozen points. We traded his UFA rights for something before he walked for nothing since we weren't going to qualify him and leave his salary in the hands of an arbitrator.

He has carved out a solid career as a bottom 6 journeyman since leaving us. A hot start probably isn't an indication that at 28 years old he's finally arrived.

I don't think this is a case where the Sens should be demonized for letting him go a few years ago.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
1/3 season in, Arizona scored more on Penalty Kill than allowed - 10GF vs 8GA. For comparison, Sens are 1GF and 23GA.
Boucher should just give Marty his GCL password and have him watch every ARZ penalty kill situation.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Problem is you just started liking him this year :laugh:. He was Cameron's little pet like Pyatt is Boucher's except Cameron gave Chiasson pp time as well.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
And that might be all he gets. I think the league is gonna throw the book at him with that hit tonight.

Edit: I see he got another goal tonight before the ejection. He’s become a good player but he needs to get the predatory hits out of his game.
Hilarious watching caps fans try and justify him :facepalm:

It wasn’t a hit to the head like it was called however it’s a very avoidable interference hit.

Good player but f*** me he’s an idiot.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
And that might be all he gets. I think the league is gonna throw the book at him with that hit tonight.

Edit: I see he got another goal tonight before the ejection. He’s become a good player but he needs to get the predatory hits out of his game.
Hilarious watching caps fans try and justify him :facepalm:

It wasn’t a hit to the head like it was called however it’s a very avoidable interference hit.

Good player but **** me he’s an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->