Around the NHL XXXVI - Final Countdown: 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

Crazy, I thought the league would be dishing out a big suspension for sure. The whole play just seems completely unavoidable, Wilson has plenty of time to avoid contact. Instead he just keeps going in a straight line and clips him. The NHL is so damn inconsistent.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Fan identity is so interesting. Philly enters the season with mostly positive feelings after being a playoff team last year. Fans are given a mascot called ‘Gritty’ who’s name and identity remind Philly fans of their broadstrwet bully history and repuation as a tough team. Fans start to compare their mascot to the team they see on the ice, they don’t see the tough team or grittiness and want the team to be more Gritty and identity with the old Flyers. Fight, be crazy, be rough.

Hextal lost his job because a mascot stirred a dormant identity in a fanbase and they showed their discontent by wanting to be more like their mascot

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Crazy, I thought the league would be dishing out a big suspension for sure. The whole play just seems completely unavoidable, Wilson has plenty of time to avoid contact. Instead he just keeps going in a straight line and clips him. The NHL is so damn inconsistent.

I have only seen the hit at real speed from behind but it didn't look like he hit the head so this seems like the correct call to me.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I have only seen the hit at real speed from behind but it didn't look like he hit the head so this seems like the correct call to me.
Ya when i watch it again it doesnt look quite as bad as when i watched it last night. Still looks really predatory though and completely avoidable by Wilson.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Doesn't need to be a hit to the head to be dirty. I think they should have spoken to him but I understand the decision not to suspend. The only real argument for a suspension is pedigree.

It's important to note, imo, that Seney is listed as the lightest player (157lb) in the league... I think that fact made it look worse than it was, although it was certainly still an illegal late hit.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I'm voting for Karlsson to be the Pacific captain at the All Star Game. I know he won't win, it will be Burns or McDavid.

That said, I'm voting for Kessel to Captain the Metro. Good troll potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->