Around the NHL XXXIV | Playoff Spectators Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I’m calling Pens in 4.

Especially if the poster above is right in that Hextall is leaning towards Elliot for Game 2 :laugh:

I think it's been confirmed that he will be starting.

I don't get how after looking at Elliott's last post-season in Calgary and tonight's game that he even gave that idea a second thought. That is some truly bad decision-making.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The Minnesota Wild losing a playoff game 1-0 is the most Minnesota Wild thing that possibly could ever happen.

Somewhere, Jaques Lemaire just got an itch he can't seem to scratch enough to go away.

I'm dumb, disregard all of this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Do Make Say Think

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I think it's been confirmed that he will be starting.

I don't get how after looking at Elliott's last post-season in Calgary and tonight's game that he even gave that idea a second thought. That is some truly bad decision-making.
I could have saved like, 5 different teams a lot of trouble if they just listened to me when I said Elliott is garbage and should never ever ever be a team's number 1 goalie.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Sens are a long way away from Icing a team with the quality of players the Jets have

A long way but I think their D is where it makes the biggest difference. We never improve our back end. We just hope for improvement from within. I bet if we're lucky enough to draft Dahlin, we will trade Karlsson. Why have two superstars on the backend?

Think we could interest them in Anderson this off season?

I would take Neuvirth or Mrazek in return in a heartbeat.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Eh, this was bad, but in a way that you can enjoy ironically. At least it looked like the people involved actually practiced.

If any city can get away with a "Lord of the Rings on Ice and then suddenly an 80's cyborg drumline", it's Las Vegas.
Ya I don't think anyone will ever take our most cringey playoff intro title.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'll be watching Bruins-Leafs tonight, followed by the Ducks-Sharks game if I can stay up.

Tampa is going to murderize the Devils, same with Nashville and the Avs. Neither of those series interest me in the least right now until either the Devils or Avs can prove that they are legit competition against the powerhouses they are up against.

Washington-Columbus is going to be a series of two chronic underperformers desperately trying to avoid being the first team that chokes. I might catch a game or two, but there are other series that grabs my attention first.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I'll be watching Bruins-Leafs tonight, followed by the Ducks-Sharks game if I can stay up.

Tampa is going to murderize the Devils, same with Nashville and the Avs. Neither of those series interest me in the least right now until either the Devils or Avs can prove that they are legit competition against the powerhouses they are up against.

Washington-Columbus is going to be a series of two chronic underperformers desperately trying to avoid being the first team that chokes. I might catch a game or two, but there are other series that grabs my attention first.
I picked the Devils in my pool, but only because I think there's a slight chance of an upset and if they win I'll almost definitely win the pool. Hall is gonna be on an absolute tear, but it probably won't be enough.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I am watching the Leafs - Columbus game

Reactions: BonkTastic

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I think the Devils have the biggest chance of pulling off a first round upset, if only due to Vasilevskiy's shaky play down the stretch.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Keith Kinkaid starting.

Wonder if Schneider could be had this off-season.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Keith Kinkaid starting.

Wonder if Schneider could be had this off-season.

I like the way you think. Perhaps the Devils would like a veteran like Anderson? :naughty:

Schneider-Condon can't be worse than what we had this season, can it?

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I like the way you think. Perhaps the Devils would like a veteran like Anderson? :naughty:

Schneider-Condon can't be worse than what we had this season, can it?

Maybe. He's got a 6 mil cap hit through 2021-22. Kinkaid is 28. Schneider 32.

Devils might be in for a swap if they feel they want to walk away from that contract and go with Kincaid. 2 years of Anderson wouldn't hurt that much.

Schneider has NTC. Anderson has to submit a 10 team no trade list. Depending on what the teams want there could be a potential deal to be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad