Around the NHL XXXIII - looking forward to 2018 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Leafs put him on IR again. LOL.

Must be nice to be a powerful enough franchise that the league doesn't ever challenge your shady BS.

Sportsnet made a big fuss earlier in the year that Soshnikov had a clause in his contract that if he was not on the 23 man roster he had the option to return to Russia. The Leafs subsequently called him up so he couldn't exercise that clause and then sent him back down.

Guy's played 3 NHL games this year. Leafs seem to enjoy jerking some of their younger players around so they can hoard them all even though they don't have the room for some of them that look ready.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah....also makes for a buyer beware on those laff kids. Jerking them around like that also screws up their development.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Stick a fork in the Hawks. They’re done.

I feel like you can still build a cup winning team around Kane and Toews after a rebuild or retool there, but Keith and Seabrook are getting way up there. Crawford and his injuries are what's killing them. That, and their lack of depth behind Toews and Kane. With the cap going up they're looking better.

They should just trade Anisimov and Saad for as many prospects as they can get, be terrible next season, get that #2c with a top ten pick, sign a few good deals via UFA and go at it with a younger, faster team that can handle today's NHL.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I feel like you can still build a cup winning team around Kane and Toews after a rebuild or retool there, but Keith and Seabrook are getting way up there. Crawford and his injuries are what's killing them. That, and their lack of depth behind Toews and Kane. With the cap going up they're looking better.

They should just trade Anisimov and Saad for as many prospects as they can get, be terrible next season, get that #2c with a top ten pick, sign a few good deals via UFA and go at it with a younger, faster team that can handle today's NHL.
Not at their price tag. They are done.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I could see the Hawks taking a few years to be competitive, once the cap has risen enough for the Toews and Kane contracts to be less of a hit on the salary mass.

Just like Pittsburg.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Whoever picks up Rick Nash will regret it. Not a playoff performer. Just 15 goals in 77 career playoff games. A certain all star who used to play here had 16 goals in the same number of playoff games. Big Canadian forwards are money in the playoffs right? Not always.

Reactions: DJB

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Soshnikov healthy enough to trade

4th rd pick is pretty good for the Blues imo.. another decent young player in their pipeline

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Professional Tankers
PZ4d73.jpg

Reactions: Smeddy

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Knights first in the league. WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Knights Go!!!!!

Also, i want to say thank you Florida for giving Vegas Smith, March and Gallant. :yo:

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Knights first in the league. WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Knights Go!!!!!

Also, i want to say thank you Florida for giving Vegas Smith, March and Gallant. :yo:

Happy for the fans in Vegas. Nice to see an expansion team on the Tampa trajectory instead of the Phoenix/Arizona one. Helps pave the way for Seattle so we can get back to having an even 32 team league with even conferences.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Carey Price is getting paid 15M in actual money next season.

Jesus Price indeed.

That’s insane, but I think he’ll bounce back. He didn’t forget how to play goalie all of a sudden. I heard he has dealt with chronic fatigue syndrome this year. Gotta be part of his troubles.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Phaneuf is a perfect fit for that team. He plays a slow and heavy game quite well. That trade likely extends his career by a season or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad