NHL Around the NHL XXVI - Bubble Hockey Continues IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Truly an awful goal for Hutchinson to let by. Avs are going to have some work to do if their goalie can't be better than that.

Edit: And the Avs tie it on a shot from distance with Dobby being blinded by a player being pushed into him by his own man. Lead sure didn't last long.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Truly an awful goal for Hutchinson to let by. Avs are going to have some work to do if their goalie can't be better than that.

Edit: And the Avs tie it on a shot from distance with Dobby being blinded by a player being pushed into him by his own man. Lead sure didn't last long.

It's a topsy-turvy series. No lead is safe. I'm really surprised to see Hutchinson again. I remember seeing a little of his play for the Leafs this year and it was not good. I know Francouz isn't great either, but things are getting pretty desperate if you're trying to survive in a series with Hutchinson in net.

On a different note the Stars have absolutely hit the jackpot with Miro Heiskanen. They've got another year with him on an ELC and already he's one of the best defenders in the league. People are starting to talk Conn Smythe and if the Stars progress and he keeps playing like he has been he could well be in with a shot.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's a topsy-turvy series. No lead is safe. I'm really surprised to see Hutchinson again. I remember seeing a little of his play for the Leafs this year and it was not good. I know Francouz isn't great either, but things are getting pretty desperate if you're trying to survive in a series with Hutchinson in net.

On a different note the Stars have absolutely hit the jackpot with Miro Heiskanen. They've got another year with him on an ELC and already he's one of the best defenders in the league. People are starting to talk Conn Smythe and if the Stars progress and he keeps playing like he has been he could well be in with a shot.
Heiskanen would have to be awful the rest of the way to not win the Smythe if the Stars win the Cup. And him being awful would mean they don't win anyways so... But yeah, he's something else.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

Heiskanen has been something else in the playoffs. Had a great regular season, but has shown an extra gear in the playoffs. 19 points in less than 15 games so far, for a d-man in his second year? Crazy. Have enjoyed watching him this season.

And as I type this, how about that Makar kid who just scored for the Avs? Another awesome young D. He has been tearing it up as well with more than a point per game this playoffs. This series just has so much great talent in it.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Heiskanen has been something else in the playoffs. Had a great regular season, but has shown an extra gear in the playoffs. 19 points in less than 15 games so far, for a d-man in his second year? Crazy. Have enjoyed watching him this season.

And as I type this, how about that Makar kid who just scored for the Avs? Another awesome young D. He has been tearing it up as well with more than a point per game this playoffs. This series just has so much great talent in it.

A lot of quality on the ice amongst these two, that's for sure, whether they're veterans or kids. Makar's the kind of guy where you wonder how he became a defender. He's on the small side and he's got serious offensive chops. A player like Krug winding up as an offensively-minded blueliner is one thing, Cale is something else. Being able to genuinely play 200 feet makes him a real asset.

Reactions: missingchicklet

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Very impressive job by the Avs to circle the wagons and tighten up the D after Hutchinson gave up a softie. A real blue collar effort by them. I said when the Stars were up 3 games to 1 that I was expecting a more competitive series. Looks like I have it now. Game 7 should be a great one.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Colorado are so good they've now won 2 elimination games with Michael Hutchinson in net. The same Hutchinson who had to wait until the age of 30 to get a playoff start and started this season being so bad that Toronto got rid of him and he wound up as the 3rd string goalie for the Avs. Let that sink in. Another oddity of 2020.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Colorado are so good they've now won 2 elimination games with Michael Hutchinson in net. The same Hutchinson who had to wait until the age of 30 to get a playoff start and started this season being so bad that Toronto got rid of him and he wound up as the 3rd string goalie for the Avs. Let that sink in. Another oddity of 2020.
Timmy Thomas .......?
I hope Seguin will be back for game 7.!

Reactions: sarge88

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Not a good look on Dallas unable to close out
a dinged up team.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Timmy Thomas .......?
I hope Seguin will be back for game 7.!

Heh, I think Thomas was what, around 33 when he got his first playoff start? Definitely a late bloomer. But at least he'd shown some genuine ability by that time, whereas Hutchinson has never been anything more than a passable backup. Still, good on him for making something of this opportunity.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
That was cool pic NBC showed of Khudobin and Hutchinson as teammates in 2012 with the Providence Bruins.

Seguin has disappeared as he did in 2013.

Colorado has a nice mix of skill, size (Zadorov), grit (Cole). Dallas does as well with Oleksiak, and as much as people dislike him, Corey Perry.

Game 7 should be great!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
That was cool pic NBC showed of Khudobin and Hutchinson as teammates in 2012 with the Providence Bruins.

Seguin has disappeared as he did in 2013.

Colorado has a nice mix of skill, size (Zadorov), grit (Cole). Dallas does as well with Oleksiak, and as much as people dislike him, Corey Perry.

Game 7 should be great!

I'm certainly looking forward to it. I think Colorado went into a state of semi-shock when they lost Grubauer and Dallas turned up the wick and were scoring on them almost at will. But it seems like they've been able to settle in the last couple of games, they've changed their defensive tactics to give their backup goalies better coverage, and they've been able to put their superior offensive skill to work. Dallas are a good, well-rounded team who've been playing really well for the most part, but the Avs just have more high-end talent and it's starting to tell.

Still, now it all comes down to one game and who knows what will happen. This is what playoff hockey is all about.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Durnberg

Feb 2, 2007
Stopped in to the Dallas board. They sure are displeased with Seguin, wow.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Islanders need to finish this tonight and not get too worn out before facing Tampa. The Bolts would wipe the floor with Philly, but the Isles should cause them some serious trouble and I think that's the series most of us neutrals want to see.

Reactions: missingchicklet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad