NHL Around the NHL XXIV - Bubble Hockey Continues..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Of those eight teams, Minnesota is, by far, the most deserving of getting Lafrenière. I wouldn't hate seeing Nashville or Florida get the first overall pick, either. As long as it's not any of the other five, though.

I agree, other than Gaborik in his prime, the Wild have never had a legit superstar.

Reactions: Estlin

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Claude will make this series competitive, Couturier is a good center but nothing that impressive after him unless you're a big Kevin Hayes believer. I'm already ready for a Hab Bruins series

Couturier
Giroux
Voracek
Konecny

All better than the Habs best F.

They have better F, depth, D and Hart has been excellent in net.

If Habs win 2 games, they will have done very well for themselves.

Flyers in 5.

Reactions: lopey

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
They shutdown Pitts offense so I don't see Philly as a bigger obstacle. TB Boston Washington would be a different story

Pittsburgh offense was crap. They had Sheary with Crosby. That’s crap.

Malkin looked like he didn’t care.

Pens D was awful starting with Letang who created nothing.

Flyers a much better playoffs team than Penguins.

Add the Vigneault and Therrien factor who will want to beat their former team so much.

1993 Forever!

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Pittsburgh offense was crap. They had Sheary with Crosby. That’s crap.

Malkin looked like he didn’t care.

Pens D was awful starting with Letang who created nothing.

Flyers a much better playoffs team than Penguins.

Add the Vigneault and Therrien factor who will want to beat their former team so much.

1993 Forever!

If I had to rank the remaining teams in the east I'd go with

Washington
Tampa
Boston
Carolina
Flyers
Islanders
Columbus
Habs

I see this as more of a 5 vs 8 matchup. Philly is playing well but I think they're not as good as the top 4 teams. Claude is a good coach and it looks like Kokaniemi and Suzuki are getting better and he can match them up against other teams 1 and 2 C. I know you want to pick the habs to get swept every series lol but I see this going 6 or 7 imo. Game 1 we'll see what happens

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Man, im really sick of people throughout my life making me feel bad about my bruins fandom and wanting to set aside time for games

like, im a pretty simple person with simple needs and i dont ask for much, loving this team is one of them .

Amen brother. It's my one vice. I don't do baseball, football, golf, or partake in any drinking/drug use on any occasion. Just give me my Bruins hockey and I'm great.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
That 5 pillars of have jones werenski and goalie tandem with torts as the orchestrator. They one tough out. They work hard block shots like mad. They give you nothing and frustrate you. Reminds me of lemaire devil teams of 2000 . No air on that ice for the opponents . Jackets are extremely dangerous because of work ethic.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
The one team I was afraid of even before the virus put a stop to the season was Columbus. I’ve been saying it all year. People wanted to count them out after they lost Bob, Bread man, and Duchene.

I think they are better than they were last season. They played the Bruins hard this season too. They are going to go to war with Tampa. I’m glad the Bruins avoided them.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I assume the lottery tonight will follow the theme of 2020. In every situation, the worst case scenario will happen. With that in mind, I'm fully expecting Pittsburgh or Toronto to get the 1st overall pick.

If the league was really in control, they'd probably rig it so Florida gets it. That's a failed experiment that they're going to give up on sooner or later. Giving them 1st overall would be a last gasp attempt at saving them.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Lafreniere will join a team with multiple high end forwards:

Pittsburgh: Crosby and Malkin
Toronto: Matthews, Marner and Tavares
Edmonton: McDavid and Draisaitl
Rangers: Panarin and Zibanejad
Florida: Barkov and Huberdeau
Winnipeg: Scheifele, Laine, Connor and Wheeler
Nashville: Forsberg and Johansen/Duchene
Wild: ???

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I agree, other than Gaborik in his prime, the Wild have never had a legit superstar.

Wow. I was gonna check your math on that one, but I think you’re right...

Ahem.......

61ZTpwNquPL._AC_SY606_.jpg

;)

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

A significant reason why Minnesota is the most deserving team to get Lafrenière.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

Minnesota has Fiala and Kaprizov, I think they're actually one of the more interesting destinations. Nashville is easily the most boring place he could go IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad