NHL Around the NHL XXIV - Bubble Hockey Continues..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Matthews holds the record for most goals scored without a series win (12 in 25 games and 4 series losses). Next highest is Earl Ingarfield with 9 goals.

Reactions: JOKER 192

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If Marincin and Holl were both Bruins, they would be their 12th and 13th D-men, I'm not even sure they would have included them in their play-in training camp, they didn't include Petrovic and he's about the same level. Tonight they were their #4 and #5 guys once Barrie went down. Leafs have got to address their D this off-season or they will keep repeating the same fate.

Reactions: Emerz

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Observations after the 1st round

Covid has f***ed up hockey the same way it f***ed everything else :help:

One of Pens,Oilers or Leafs have a 37.5 chance of landing Laffy, yikes!!!!

People watch the same game but don't see the same things (what's up with that?)

Habs in , Leafs , Oilers , Jets out , WTF?

At the end of this I'll stand by opinion , who ever wins this is a way more worthy Champion than there has ever been and if it's the Bruins , I'm doubling down.

Werenski and Jones are the bomb

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

My hopes, in order:

Nashville
Minnesota
Winnipeg
Florida
New York
Edmonton
Toronto
Pittsburgh

Same, though I'd flip Toronto and Pittsburgh.

I'm perfectly fine with 6 of the 8 possible outcomes. Edmonton would be kind of stupid, but they're in the western conference so whatever. I'd prefer it to be someone out west, which is the only reason I'd rather not see NYR or FLA win it. But them winning wouldn't bother me like Pittsburgh or the Leafs.

That said, Lafreniere is much closer to a RNH or Yakupov than he is a future McDavid, so it's not like anyone's getting the next Gretzky.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It's too bad the Cup will be presented in Edmonton and not Toronto this year :laugh:

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Vegas series odds for the east

Philly -240
Montreal +195

Tampa -195
Columbus +160

Washington -180
New York +150

Boston -140
Carolina +120

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
If Marincin and Holl were both Bruins, they would be their 12th and 13th D-men, I'm not even sure they would have included them in their play-in training camp, they didn't include Petrovic and he's about the same level. Tonight they were their #4 and #5 guys once Barrie went down. Leafs have got to address their D this off-season or they will keep repeating the same fate.

Dermott has never impressed in a single game I've seen him play either, he seems slow with decision making. Ceci would be an AHL 4/5 Dman as well. I truly believe 4/6 of their dmen wouldn't even make the Bruins roster, or 2/6 if Muzzin and Barrie were in.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Dermott has never impressed in a single game I've seen him play either, he seems slow with decision making. Ceci would be an AHL 4/5 Dman as well. I truly believe 4/6 of their dmen wouldn't even make the Bruins roster, or 2/6 if Muzzin and Barrie were in.

Good point but that's what happens to your D when you put up 40+m TO 4 FORWARDS !!!!!!

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Tons of credit to the NHL marketing team. They've done a great job with the return to play.

I didn't think Bettman had it in him, but it's hard to suggest that any commissioner has done a better job than him. NBA has been solid, but their fanless games feel like summer league or AAU. NHL has made the best of a bad situation.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Tons of credit to the NHL marketing team. They've done a great job with the return to play.

I didn't think Bettman had it in him, but it's hard to suggest that any commissioner has done a better job than him. NBA has been solid, but their fanless games feel like summer league or AAU. NHL has made the best of a bad situation.
Now, if they could just figure out a way to not make their annual awards show the most cringeworthy thing on the planet (not counting the Leafs in a playoff or pre-playoffs series)

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
1. Vegas vs. 8. Chicago
2. Colorado vs. 7 Arizona
3. Dallas vs. 6. Calgary
4. St. Louis vs. 5. Vancouver

1. Philadelphia vs. 8. Montreal
2. Tampa Bay vs. 7. Columbus
3. Washington vs. 6. New York
4. Boston vs. 5. Carolina

I wish the seeding worked out a bit differently in the West so it didn’t look so chalky, but I think the better teams are clear in each of those series.

Vegas wins the cup

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Which ever fan can't admit this needs to go watch another sport. It's been flawless

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
1. Vegas vs. 8. Chicago
2. Colorado vs. 7 Arizona
3. Dallas vs. 6. Calgary
4. St. Louis vs. 5. Vancouver

1. Philadelphia vs. 8. Montreal
2. Tampa Bay vs. 7. Columbus
3. Washington vs. 6. New York
4. Boston vs. 5. Carolina

I wish the seeding worked out a bit differently in the West so it didn’t look so chalky, but I think the better teams are clear in each of those series.

Vegas wins the cup

Well at least you made a bold predictions even if it's are wrong, Montreal is not beating Flyers AINEC.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Leafs Board meltdown in 3,2,1...

Remember guys , spectator only, don't chime in.

c44c7b752fecfa9383e6be373778007f.jpg

Reactions: JOKER 192

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Vegas in 4
Colorado in 4
Calgary in 6
Vancouver in 7

Philadelphia in 5
Tampa in 6