Around the NHL XX: The Post-Season Looms Near

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
The Blackhawks have looked disorganized for a while now. I wonder how it ends for them, but so many games I have seen them they just look at odds with each other, relying on a few great plays to get them over the hump.

I wouldn't doubt that they're a bit nervous with toews and Kane's extensions coming up... All the players know the cap is tight, and I would bet that a few are worried about their future...

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
To me Corey Crawford is not that great of a goalie--maybe somewhere between 15th and 20th best in the league. That being said--the few times I've watched the Blackhawks this year he's been very, very good. In the playoffs last year he looked very ordinary--their weakest link.

He's probably not their biggest problem this year. Like the Bruins the Blackhawks seem to have taken a real step back this year. A lot of the core is that much older--cap issues have depleted the depth. They have several nice prospects but some aren't quite ready and the Toews an Kane contracts are really going to bite them in the ass unless the cap goes up quite a bit. FWIW I might be saying the same things about our team two years from now. The window IMO is closing on the Hawks.

I don't really see the Hawks coming out of the west. If I were to guess--they get knocked off in the first two rounds. Without Kane--Toews will be a marked man. Kane is just too significant a loss for them to overcome.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
I don't really see the Hawks coming out of the west. If I were to guess--they get knocked off in the first two rounds. Without Kane--Toews will be a marked man. Kane is just too significant a loss for them to overcome.

Sharp having a poor season is really hurting their depth....

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Didn't even realize Philly and Boston play today at 1pm. Well, I know what I'm doing now! This should be a great one. I love when enigmas go at it.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Why in the **** did the Devils not trade Ryder or Havlat? Surely they could have gotten something for them.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I really like Pierre-Edouard Bellemare's game. Strong, effective 4th liner.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
The Flyers look like a team that really wants to make the playoffs, while the Bruins look awfully casual.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Pastrnak is so poised and skilled. Wow.

Bruins score on the PP. Wrist shot by Chara, Bergeron looks like he got a piece of it. DZ did a terrible job tying up his stick.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Really impressed with Pastrnak. Bruins probably grabbed a top 5 quality pick in the late first round.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Which of this wild card bunch would you want to play? I'd say Florida. I think it would be a massacre.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Which of this wild card bunch would you want to play? I'd say Florida. I think it would be a massacre.

Who do I want? Florida. I don't think they're making the playoffs. The metro top 3 could fall in any order though, so I have no Idea what the matches are gonna be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad