Around the NHL XX: The Post-Season Looms Near

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
“@TFrei: Avs have announced Nathan MacKinnon has broken foot and is out 6-8 weeks -- rest of regular season.â€

They were done anyway, but it might make it easier on the Central team who still has the most games left against them.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Exactly. This last minute winning only will hurt the devils and even the flyers albeit the flyers have a slightly better chance then devils at making playoffs. Especially if they can beat boston tomorrow.
Still think that Boston, Florida(with Luongo) and Ottawa are better than Philly and devils. Philly has a horrid defense and devils lack scoring big time

I think NJ has no shot at this point. I am pulling for Florida though.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Price deserves the Hart this year. I don't see how people are saying Ovechkin when his linemate Backstrom is right at the top in points. Price is carrying the Habs on his shoulders.

Still think they're a weak team overall. Their top 2 centers are Desharnais and Plekanec.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Yeah, Carey deserves the vezina at the very least. Hart maybe too.

Hate to admit it, being a new yorker living in Montreal and still hearing about kreider, lol.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011

Hate to admit it, being a new yorker living in Montreal and still hearing about kreider, lol.

They're still talking about Chara...

Grudges.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

If they have a problem with it they can show up in May with Carey Price and we'll beat them again.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I feel like we pulled this move all the time in the late 80s, early 90s: play really well most of the season and drop like a wet rock in March.

Their timing could not be worse.

Rangers lost Leetch for the season in 90 when he hurt his ankle in Toronto. Still made it to Round 2.

91 Kissio played with a Charlie Horse the last few months of the season and trading Miller for Kocur gave them one line which was neutralized vs. Caps.

Nashville reminds me of the 06 Rangers in terms of what's going on now. Their best players are Webber/Rinne. Forsberg is only a rookie, Ribiero is not a true #1 center. That's the problem right there.

If they end up playing the Kings in round that's gonna be tough for them.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
So I calc'd it out. The Islanders and Rangers won't have the same amount of games played until April 6. Both teams will have 3 games left.

Rangers will have 3 to 4 games in hand on the Islanders until March 22. They will then have 2 games in hand until March 31 where they will have 1.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
So I calc'd it out. The Islanders and Rangers won't have the same amount of games played until April 6. Both teams will have 3 games left.

Rangers will have 3 to 4 games in hand on the Islanders until March 22. They will then have 2 games in hand until March 31 where they will have 1.

Its ****ing annoying.

I know we all play 82 in the end, and having games in hand is good.. but its crazy.

Every time we get into first the Isles get their chance right away to pass us right by. We have off for days as they just have chance after chance for points.

They can be 6 up going into Tuesday if we lose to CHI and theres nothing we can do about it. If they win their game they'll be up by at least 4. We'll have 4 games in hand, though.

Even crazier.. we will play Game 81 before they play Game 81.

How does that happen.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Its ****ing annoying.

I know we all play 82 in the end, and having games in hand is good.. but its crazy.

Every time we get into first the Isles get their chance right away to pass us right by. We have off for days as they just have chance after chance for points.

They can be 6 up going into Monday if we lose to CHI and theres nothing we can do about it. We'll have 4 games in hand, though.

Even crazier.. we will play Game 81 before they play Game 81.

How does that happen.

im-not-saying-it-was-aliens-but-it-was-definitely-aliens.jpg

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Rangers schedule for the end of the season is definitely a crunch. Two back-to-backs and only two times where they have two days off. The rest is one day off for each game.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Rangers schedule for the end of the season is definitely a crunch. Two back-to-backs and only two times where they have two days off. The rest is one day off for each game.

It might be tough, but as a Rangers fan, it makes me happy. I hate these 3 day breaks in between games.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013

The Rangers have 5 more back to backs this season.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Hawks are about the only team the Oilers can regularly beat every season it seems.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Hawks are about the only team the Oilers can regularly beat every season it seems.

They don't just beat them either, they regularly out play the Hawks. It's not like they're lucky wins. I don't get it...

Also, the Hawks would be 7th in the East :amazed:

Jan 8, 2012
NY
They don't just beat them either, they regularly out play the Hawks. It's not like they're lucky wins. I don't get it...

Nah bro. They play in the far superior West so if their mighty presence were to grace the lowly East, they would be 82-0 AINEC.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Simple, the Hawks are an average hockey team. Just don't tell HF.

Pens up 2-0. Nobody ever loses in the #HorribleEast.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I am not going to get into " if "....the facts are enough . We lost 2 games to an unknown goalie and just barely beat him in Game 6 . It was far from a walk in the Park....they have a good club and possibly better than last season . Respect the opponent....:nod: Plus they beat us 2/3 so far this season . :)

I agree. Habs are a good team with a ton of spirit when Price is backstopping. They can boom or bust.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
The Blackhawks have looked disorganized for a while now. I wonder how it ends for them, but so many games I have seen them they just look at odds with each other, relying on a few great plays to get them over the hump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad