Around the NHL XX: The Post-Season Looms Near

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Laughable gap control by Manson and Stoner, Wings tie it back up.

The Ducks are garbage defensively.

Rick Nash 61

The Best
Jul 6, 2014
New York
Laughable gap control by Manson and Stoner, Wings tie it back up.

The Ducks are garbage defensively.

Can't see them going anywhere in the playoffs with that defense. Wanted them to get Myers but maybe they can still go places if they swing a trade for someone like Yandle or Sekera.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
What the hell happened to Corey Perry? He's looked like hot garbage all year.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Getzlaf just cleared the puck into the netting in the Detroit zone, from his own zone. That's.....................terrible. Wow. That's also a penalty.

Luckily for him there's only 9 seconds left in OT.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
Fire Babcock!

How dare Detroit seat on a lead in the 3rd AV style and then lose in the shoot-out? Yea, it's Anaheim not Columbus, but they had Howard in goal not Cambot.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Can't see them going anywhere in the playoffs with that defense. Wanted them to get Myers but maybe they can still go places if they swing a trade for someone like Yandle or Sekera.

If they get Yandle they'll still be bad defensively.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
What the hell happened to Corey Perry? He's looked like hot garbage all year.

Hmmm.... He's got 24 goals in 46 games... That equates to a scoring pace for 42 goals over an 82 game season (and 41 points in 46 games equates to 73 points or so in a full season).... He did miss 15 games due to injuries and perhaps that has effected his recent play? (6 points in the last 10 games)

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Perry hurt his knee back in December I believe. He's clearly playing through pain. Not as bad as Bure his last year on the Rangers but basically the same "playing on one knee" thing.

Wouldn't be surprised if he has surgery in the offseason.

Between him and Seguin, my fantasy team went from unbeatable to "Only going to make the playoffs because I started 12-2" :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

As for the Ducks, Sekera alone won't save their D. And their goaltending is nothing to write home about. With a one legged Perry and who knows how Vatannen will be when he gets back, they're in deep trouble and it may unfairly cost Boudreau his job.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
The Kings are coming out of that division.

I can absolutely see Chicago/LA playing for the Western Conf. title for the 3rd straight year. Those teams just know how to turn it on when they need to. Chicago will send St. Louis to the golf course again, and I just can't see Anaheim beating LA. Although, I wouldn't rule out Minnesota making a run and Lavy's Preds being able to carry the momentum. The West should be a lot of fun this year.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I think St. Louis finally makes it to the WCF this year. They've lacked a game breaker for many years and they finally have one in Tarasenko.

LA can turn it up, sure, but their defense is really unimpressive for a playoff run.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Wow interesting trade Montreal acquires smith pelley from ducks . They give up sekac. Kinda liked the way sekac played and seemed like he had abilities but I guess this is a now trade for montreal

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Wow interesting trade Montreal acquires smith pelley from ducks . They give up sekac. Kinda liked the way sekac played and seemed like he had abilities but I guess this is a now trade for montreal

Good trade for Montreal. He offers them something they don't have much of. Size and grit.

Would've loved to get him on the Rangers.

He can totally be a 20G-20A guy similar to what Bates Battaglia and Mike Leclerc were in their primes.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Good trade for Montreal. He offers them something they don't have much of. Size and grit.

He can totally be a 20G-20A guy similar to what Bates Battaglia and Mike Leclerc were in their primes.

This trade has potential to be a big win-win for both sides. DSP and Sekac should both play better in their new homes.

Like it for both teams.

DSP is a guy I'd have loved the Rangers to get their hands on.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Listening to 690 tsn in montreal and most of the Montreal fans dislike the trade but i agree with you Smith Pelly is probably a better playoff type guy after last years playoffs he had. In the long run Sekac will most likely put up better numbers

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Hockey trade. It's a now trade for both teams. And a good one.

Habs lack some size and physicality in their top 9 but have plenty of finesse players. Ducks could use a little versatility in their lineup.

You see hockey trades more often in the weeks leading up to the deadline as opposed to on deadline day itself.

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
I can absolutely see Chicago/LA playing for the Western Conf. title for the 3rd straight year. Those teams just know how to turn it on when they need to. Chicago will send St. Louis to the golf course again, and I just can't see Anaheim beating LA. Although, I wouldn't rule out Minnesota making a run and Lavy's Preds being able to carry the momentum. The West should be a lot of fun this year.

The only team I see with a chance to take out Nashville in the west is St. Louis.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Habs fans think/thought Sekac might have top six upside, though mostly what he has shown is good possession numbers but not a ton of scoring. I think they're probably wrong about top six upside but he can likely be a quite good bottom six guy

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Nashville is completely unproven in the playoffs. LA and Chicago could definitely beat them.

Plus Nashville doesn't really have a guy up front who can take over a series by himself, their best players are Weber and Rinne.

This is Forsberg's first dance. He might do ok, might get beat up. And Neal wasn't a factor in the playoffs last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad