Around the NHL XX: The Post-Season Looms Near

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I think Habs are definitely a threat in the East. Never underestimate a team with an elite goaltender. Probably 3rd best team in the East behind Isles/Rangers. I'm not sold on Tampa. I also think Caps are much more dangerous than Tampa.

I just feel the Habs rely TOO MUCH on Price, which likely won't fly in the playoffs.

I don't know how you aren't sold on Tampa Bay. They're the team that scares me the most in the playoffs.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I know this is a bit out there, but with Arizona bleeding money and McDavid being the best prospect since Crosby, anyone else half expect them lottery balls to fall in their favor?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I just feel the Habs rely TOO MUCH on Price, which likely won't fly in the playoffs.

I don't know how you aren't sold on Tampa Bay. They're the team that scares me the most in the playoffs.

What happened last season?

Tampa is a bad match up for us but apart from being a threat to us I don't consider them a threat to come out in the East.

Vidic15*

I know this is a bit out there, but with Arizona bleeding money and McDavid being the best prospect since Crosby, anyone else half expect them lottery balls to fall in their favor?

I want him out West, preferably to the Oilers.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Arizona/Edmonton drafting 1-2 please.

I wouldn't be too upset if Buffalo gets him. Law of average would say that by the time they are good we'd be on the way down.

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
The teams in the Metro don't worry me as much as the teams in the Atlantic. Tampa and Montreal are going to be tougher outs than the remaining Metro teams.

I'd also like to avoid Boston as a wild card team. Rask can takeover a series.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
No, they've ruined enough young players.

If the Oilers manage to ruin McDavid, that's their problem. I think it's ridiculous to put all the blame on Oilers management for Yakupov, Eberle, Hall, Nugent Hopkins etc to not live up the high expectations. Maybe it's the players themselves who are to blame a bit in this. Yes, Oilers management sucks, but I feel a guy like Hall has himself to blame as well.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Krejci out 4-6 weeks for boston. Looks like they are a sinking ship and FLA can take advantage.

Also, DET losing tonight would be nice for us overall for the east. It will tie them with us in GP but we'll be 2 points up.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Krejci out 4-6 weeks for boston. Looks like they are a sinking ship and FLA can take advantage.

Also, DET losing tonight would be nice for us overall for the east. It will tie them with us in GP but we'll be 2 points up.
Not looking great at the moment, Datsyuk was left all alone on an island to score.2-0.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Amazes me that Shane Doan wont entertain a trade to a contender

The dude is retired. Making a boat loaf of cash, living in a warm climate. It amazes me that so many of these vets are as competitive as they are, uprooting their lives to play grueling hockey for very little additional cash. I suppose that's what separates these guys from the rest of us though. Well, that and talent.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
The Ducks are such an unimpressive team. How the hell do they have the 2nd most points in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad