Around the NHL XVIII: Meet Me Halfway Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
If Winnipeg can add a decent player in place of Kane they could make some noise in the West playoffs.....they have a very decent looking hard working team and getting some great goaltending from that Hutchinson kid . Teams like that can win a series or two in the playoffs . Kunitz would help them....and I know Hank won't miss him either...he is always there for a poke at a rebound . I would love a Kunitz on our team....

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Maybe if they retain half of that cap. I really don't want him though. We have an excellent locker room, don't need to add a cancer. MSL would **** him up

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Maybe if they retain half of that cap. I really don't want him though. We have an excellent locker room, don't need to add a cancer. MSL would **** him up

Was thinking about around the NHL locker rooms that would whip his ass into shape fast, and I guess I'm biased, but the Rangers were the first ones that popped into my head.

This is a locker room that's gone deep, stayed mostly in tact, and the core is the core.

I'm not advocating we bring Kane in here, but if there's a team that could put him on track, it's this one.

Other teams I could see being good for Kane...

St. Louis
Chicago
Detroit
I'm hesitant to put LA or Anaheim or San Jose
Tampa - Maybe...

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Kane's caphit is a huge problem, and he doesn't put us over the top. That's the beginning and end of my opinion on him.

There's also speculation that he needs season ending surgery.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

He needs a change of scenery. It's obvious. He's also still very young, the core group of guys here would straighten him out. He would want to put on a show here.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
@TSNRyanRishaug: Winnipeg has officially put Evander Kane on IR retro to 2/2””

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Never wanted Kane, even before all this ********.

FWIW, Jim Benning was asked in the offseason about making a pitch for Kane and bringing him 'home' to Vancouver. His response was along the lines of 'I have less than zero interest in Kane.'

Could just be rhetoric as a new GM not wanting to stir trade debate before the season even begins, could be that Benning has no desire to introduce a cancer into his dressing room, regardless of ability. If it's the latter, I don't think he's alone out there amongst GMs.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
FWIW, Jim Benning was asked in the offseason about making a pitch for Kane and bringing him 'home' to Vancouver. His response was along the lines of 'I have less than zero interest in Kane.'

Could just be rhetoric as a new GM not wanting to stir trade debate before the season even begins, could be that Benning has no desire to introduce a cancer into his dressing room, regardless of ability. If it's the latter, I don't think he's alone out there amongst GMs.
Oh the Vancouver media would have a field day with him, it'd be ridiculous.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
I could see Nashville pushing hard for him. They need scoring

You are aware that Nashville is top 5 in the league in scoring and is the best 5v5 in the league right?

If Nashville could get Kane for picks and/or prospects then I'm all for it, otherwise the Preds don't waste bluechips/roster players for him and his attitude.

Although I'm pretty sure that Weber would be more than happy to give Kane an immediate "attitude adjustment" and then Mike Fisher would take him to church and straighten his a** out. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad