Around the NHL XVIII: Meet Me Halfway Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwedeAmerican

Dec 5, 2011
Isles fans are talking trash in their board about us in two different threads. One saying that we're gonna mock their stupid 'Yes' chant on Tuesday (they're right) and the other saying that we would be in trouble if we lost our key guys (like they wouldn't be in trouble themselves). One loser called us the stupidest fan base, or something to that effect.

NYRangerFan*

I love when fans use the "if they lost this guy and that guy, they would be in trouble" argument to put another team down because if any sports team lost a top player or two, they would be in trouble so why does it only go for us? If NYI lose Tavares and Boychuk, they are in trouble. If LA loses Kopitar and Doughty, they are in trouble. If Cleveland loses Lebron and Kyrie, they are in trouble. Seattle loses Wilson and Sherman, they are in trouble. See? Islanders fans are the worst

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Isles fans are talking trash in their board about us in two different threads. One saying that we're gonna mock their stupid 'Yes' chant on Tuesday (they're right) and the other saying that we would be in trouble if we lost our key guys (like they wouldn't be in trouble themselves). One loser called us the stupidest fan base, or something to that effect.

They can say whatever they want as their board is for the enjoyment of their fans. Please do not copy any posts over to this board as that counts as trolling. We can't allow the board to be used to demean the fans of any other team.

If you think someone there is breaking the rules, please report the post to us and we will handle it.

Jan 8, 2012
NY

Why do Rangers fans keep reading that cesspool? Who cares what a bunch of morons who only watch them when their team is doing well think about us? I mean, I used to read rivals' boards too, but I was so overwhelmed with the stupidity that I just had to stop for my own good. It's why I avoid the main boards as well.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Not sure why you give a **** about what that irrelevant group has to say about us really.

SwedeAmerican

Dec 5, 2011
I figure it's better to complain about them here than to respond on their board, which I almost did. They're cocky for no reason.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I figure it's better to complain about them here than to respond on their board, which I almost did. They're cocky for no reason.

Oh they're cocky alright. But as long as they're not coming here to troll, I don't see the big deal. Let idiots be idiots. They'll be back in their caves as soon as the Fishies lose a few games in a row.

RangersOwnNewYork*

The Isles have a really good team thru the first half of the season. Their fans should be excited but they do get carried away. One would think they have actually had recent success, instead of a team has been a train wreck for the better part of the last 10 years and hasn't won a playoff series in 21 years.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I hate the Isles, but I even find the Yes chant pretty cool. It's the closest thing to a European sporting environment and their fans are so into the chant. A big reason why I like the Rangers goal song and when the Jets were tomahawking Roloson a few years back. Much better than the outdated Zombie Nation which it seems every team has....

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I hate the Isles, but I even find the Yes chant pretty cool. It's the closest thing to a European sporting environment and their fans are so into the chant. A big reason why I like the Rangers goal song and when the Jets were tomahawking Roloson a few years back. Much better than the outdated Zombie Nation which it seems every team has....

It's definitely outdated and overplayed but I still love KenKraft 500..........don't know what it is about it.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
It's definitely outdated and overplayed but I still love KenKraft 500..........don't know what it is about it.

I felt that same too for a long time, then I got tired of listening to it. lol

To each one's taste, I guess.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I felt that same too for a long time, then I got tired of listening to it. lol

To each one's taste, I guess.

So many teams have used the horn, that's probably it.

And now the Pens having it definitely makes it seem like it's been around to long.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA

"Where I come from, if a skunk doesn't like you that's a good thing"' ... Balki Bartokomous

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
On a non-Islanders related topic, have you guys seen the video of Big Buff destroying Doughty and Kopitar?

http://gfycat.com/OptimalCreepyDrongo

Talk about a player this team could use. Monster righty point shot, can slot into forward if necessary, huge physical presence. Maybe Byfuglien was what they had in mind when drafting McIlrath.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Byfuglien is an absolute monster and one of the most underrated defensemen in the league.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
For some reason I found this blurb from an NHL.com article about first half surprises amusing:

On a team with Steven Stamkos, it's pretty surprising to see an undersized, undrafted forward lead the Tampa Bay Lightning in scoring.

They're referring to Johnson, but that exact scenario has been the case for 4 of the last 6 seasons.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I like Buff a lot but he is pretty bad defensively.

As for the Islanders fans. Let them be. They don't know how to embrace winning because they havent for so long. They get way too high. I love the "if you lose this guy" argument from them because those idiots act as if we were 100% healthy when we first played. Hmm...yeah we had Kostka playing who completely turned that game around for them that night. They are in for a rude awakening Tuesday. They should be scared but they arent. Theyre too cocky for that. Theyre the type of fans that only see the points in the standings and will ride that but ignore facts like games played. Halak is so mediocre and is going to be exposed if he hasnt already based on him blowing leads against St. Louis and lousy Minnesota. Their defensive 6 doesnt hold a candle to ours. Their forwards are their best asset but I cannot wait for our blueline to matchup against theres. Our top 4 defenseman (based on the defensive side and maybe even overall) of McDonagh/Girardi/Staal/Klein are going to make life like hell for them. Tavares is going to be smothered the same way we blanketed Getzlaf, Perry, Kopitar, Carter, Thornton, Pavelski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille