Around the NHL XVIII: Meet Me Halfway Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
This Evander Kane story is going to come to a head VERY quickly. He is going to be dealt and IMO someone is going to get a very good, young, motivated player to prove people wrong.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Where is the money coming from for the Pens?

I like Kane but he seems to always have problems staying out of trouble. He wont grow up. I'd be surprised if be showed up any bit motivated in a new city.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
its tough to add a 5.25 mil cap hit on a player whose going to need surgery and has some SEVERE attitude issues who hasnt even come close to harnessing his talents.

Id go for Yak before Kane...and I used to be a HUGE fan of his.

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
Jets are still battling for a playoff spot and they scratch Kane? There is more to this. Let him go to Pens. He'll mess up the locker room.
There was a link somewhere else to a report on the incident - he wasn't actually scratched, apparently big Buff threw his track suit into the shower to make a point after he showed up in it, and then baby Kane refused to answer any calls except, just before game time, to tell the team he wouldn't be playing.

Check out the link here. This guy sounds like a typical "locker room cancer."

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
There was a link somewhere else to a report on the incident - he wasn't actually scratched, apparently big Buff threw his track suit into the shower to make a point after he showed up in it, and then baby Kane refused to answer any calls except, just before game time, to tell the team he wouldn't be playing.

Check out the link here. This guy sounds like a typical "locker room cancer."

Sean Avery was also a locker room cancer. He was a fan favorite here

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
Sean Avery was also a locker room cancer. He was a fan favorite here
I'm aware. Sometimes fans have really poor judgement when it comes to understanding who will help the team succeed when and where it counts.

Thankfully Avery is nowhere near this team. He lost his job in the league because of his negative impact.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
its tough to add a 5.25 mil cap hit on a player whose going to need surgery and has some SEVERE attitude issues who hasnt even come close to harnessing his talents.

I would too. Kane in NYC is a recipe for disaster. Yakupov is less of a head case and probably just needs a change of scenery.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
If a grown ass man in Byfuglien threw his track suit into the shower, I seriously doubt it was a one time thing. Obviously, the leadership in that locker room is fed up with him.

At this point, the Jets either need to get rid of their leadership group, or Kane. This is, unless Kane magically stops being a baby. I'm not counting on that happening since he didn't even bother to show up for a game.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

I'd rather neither of them.

Kane has done **** all since his 30 goal season.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Let's all calm down a little bit. The original story was he showed up a bit late and in a track suit. Now his teammates are fed up with him and threw his track suit in the shower and he never showed up to the last game. Sometimes the facts get distorted in times like these as people run with rumors.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Let's all calm down a little bit. The original story was he showed up a bit late and in a track suit. Now his teammates are fed up with him and threw his track suit in the shower and he never showed up to the last game. Sometimes the facts get distorted in times like these as people run with rumors.

Perception is reality though. At least most of the time.

Winnipeg is starving for the postseason. They need to unload him ASAP. They have a good crop of players.

History tell us these obnoxious player types stay that way their entire careers. You can mature from being a drunk or druggie or self-oriented, but if you're acting like an entitled unprofessional turd at almost 24 In your fifth year in the league, chances are you'll just become a higher scoring entitled unprofessional turd.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut

This isn't the only problem hes had.

Hes a talented player, but I'll put that cap space elsewhere.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Listening... hard. :laugh:

Kane has the maturity level of a teenager. He's responsible for how poorly he's played, and how he's being viewed by the media off the ice.

From what I've seen and heard, it sounds like the Jets are in the market for a 3LW on a cheaper deal. Rumors swirling here in Pittsburgh that Kunitz is really unhappy with the firing of Bylsma who he played with in Anaheim and considers a friend. He wants a smaller market, and Winnipeg is an hour's flight from his hometown. Kunitz makes 3.8M for a couple more years after this one. Could be a fit there. Kunitz, a pick, and one of Pittsburgh's higher end blue-line prospects for Kane?

Makes a ton of sense for both sides. But Kunitz is a pro and a big game player. I almost feel like Winnipeg would have to add.

Man the Pens must be so desperate to make noise if they're looking into a guy like Kane. Weird team. All that skill and nothing playoff wise since their Cup five years ago.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Cheap as in what it would cost to trade. Wouldn't require any top draft pick assets (Buch, Duclair)

It would start with JT Miller, etc. Would have to shed salary to fit him.

Exactly, who's salary are we shedding to fit him when we have 5 billion expiring contracts, for a player that won't put us over the top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad