Around the NHL XVIII: Meet Me Halfway Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangerFan*

I can't ****ing wait for Tuesday so we can beat the Islanders and bring them back down to earth. Please take it to them Rangers

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I just looked at the league standings and legitimately got pissed off.

How the **** is it possible for us to have a 13-1 stretch and still have next to no breathing room? Crazy to think if our streak was a little worse, say 9-5, we wouldn't even be in the playoffs as it stands.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY

How the **** is it possible for us to have a 13-1 stretch and still have next to no breathing room? Crazy to think if our streak was a little worse, say 9-5, we wouldn't even be in the playoffs as it stands.

Thank comrade Bettman for the three point game.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

To be fair, we had a very mediocre start. We have a lot of games in hand on teams. Looking at the standings I see:

ATLANTIC:

TBL: 43 GP / 58 Points
MTL: 41 GP / 55 Points
DET: 42 GP / 53 Points

METRO:

NYI: 42 GP / 57 Points / 22 ROW
PIT: 41 GP / 56 Points / 23 ROW
NYR: 39 GP / 52 Points / 22 ROW

WILD CARD:

WAS: 41 GP / 52 Points / 21 ROW
BOS: 43 GP / 50 Points

The Rangers have at least 2 games or MORE in hand on every team around them. Say they were to make up the 4 games in hand on the two teams (TBL/BOS) with the most GP. They could have 8 more points. Say they won all 4. That puts the Rangers at 60 points. Most in the East. Say they went 3-1-1. Still the most at 59. They go 3-1. Tied for most points. The ROWs are even more telling.

So there is no reason to be upset. Just keep winning. The days off may have even helped the Rangers after a long playoff run. The Kings have played 42 games played. Could be what is hurting them. But likely not.

The 3 point games haven't helped either.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Things just got worse for LAK. Toffoli was listed as out. And now Pearson is out indefinitely with a broken leg. That team has been a mess since winning the cup. Their defensive 6 have been very underwhelming. Voynov's stupidity didn't help. Their forward production has been abysmal. And now Toffoli and Pearson are both out. I love it.

Jimmy Howard going on the IR could derail the Red Wings season. Even if it is only for a couple weeks.

NYRangerFan*

Things just got worse for LAK. Toffoli was listed as out. And now Pearson is out indefinitely with a broken leg. That team has been a mess since winning the cup. Their defensive 6 have been very underwhelming. Voynov's stupidity didn't help. Their forward production has been abysmal. And now Toffoli and Pearson are both out. I love it.

Jimmy Howard going on the IR could derail the Red Wings season. Even if it is only for a couple weeks.

Kings used up all their luck in the stanley cup. I hope they miss the playoffs

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I was just thinking how bad it must be for Kane to be playing with Beaver and Bickell, and then he goes and does that.

*Bob Richards*

Minnesota has lost 10 of their last 12 and are staring down the barrel of a 5 game losing streak. What's going on?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Wild are going downhill....

Like what Keith just said on NBC. Pete deboer would be a great coach for them.

I'm thinking yeo is fired by game 44

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Selanna jersey retirement ceremony was pretty awesome.... How were they creating that constant sparkling effect in the crowd? Looked amazing....

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Avs have been good lately. Lets hope they get the job done tomorrow.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Flyers are abusing the Lightning 6 minutes in. Shots 6-1 and Lightning haven't done anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad