Around the NHL XVI: Just about round three edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Wow, dat transition...

Tampa has to be one of the least experienced team to ever get this close to the SCF.

Filpula has a cup, Morrow, Carle, Coburn and Boyle all tasted the finals.

This playoff run will make them battle tested and should be the team to beat in the east for the next 4-5 years.

We need to make our big move ASAP and get a few guys that has some playoffs experience/SC rings. We're very green in that department.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Wow, dat transition...

Tampa has to be one of the least experienced team to ever get this close to the SCF.

Filpula has a cup, Morrow, Carle, Coburn and Boyle all tasted the finals.

This playoff run will make them battle tested and should be the team to beat in the east for the next 4-5 years.

We need to make our big move ASAP and get a few guys that has some playoffs experience/SC rings. We're very green in that department.

Iirc, the Penguins were fairly young when they got their cup a couple years ago. Same with many of the big guns in LA and Chicago.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Nice change by the Rangers....hold onto the puck while a couple guys go off. Wish more teams would do that (I know it's a lot easier when they have 6 skaters on the ice, but still)...great way to keep pressure on and limit the opposition's chance to change.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Would've been nice to see Hank get a cup. But Tampa is one of my favorite teams so I'm happy.

Don't really care who wins in the West tomorrow tbh

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
They are stunned, their season is about to end. Any normal person would shut down seeing their hopes get crushed like that.

Are you kidding me? They went silent as soon at Tampa scored their second with plenty of time left. Any other arena would have been loud as frig.

Last edited:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Not really, I can relate when ever a goal is scored on the sens/rangers/nucks i turn into a pessimist for the next 5 or so minutes sit down, and disengage myself..

Well im logging out till July 1st.

I have nothing left to enjoy.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Not really, I can relate when ever a goal is scored on the sens/rangers/nucks i turn into a pessimist for the next 5 or so minutes sit down, and disengage myself..

Well im logging out till July 1st.

I have nothing left to enjoy.

Come on man. At least show up for the NHL Awards and watch Karlsson take home Norris #2.

I promise the implosion from the haters will be worth it.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Sather mortgaged the future for an ECF exit. Going all in at the deadline never seems to work nowadays.

With all the variables and luck that can go into a playoff run, the best chance of winning a cup is to give yourselves as many opportunies as you can.

Building a young, skilled core can do that for you, and Tampa has done exactly that. Kudos to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad