Around the NHL XL: Extra Large

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
Is our feeble fanbase incapable of recognizing and (even begrudgingly) admitting the greatness of some opposing players? This silly comment on the heals of the abortion that was the Crosby analysis a few pages back.

I clarified that he was dirty from beginning to end. Not such a silly comment. Truthful. He was a dirty player. But then so was Messier, and I loved him on the Oilers and obviously here.

But Stevens came up as a Cap and I recall JD, or maybe Espo, just killing him as a rookie. Never liked him. Messier brought down the Isles, so he was great to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I already regret saying this. Sharks can easily win Game 6 at home and have the NHL record for road wins in a single season. ****!

for sure they can...but you gotta admit...Pittsburgh has been DOMINANT these finals...theyve been the better team BY FAR. Martin Jones needs to be in the discussion for Conn Smythe if they come back.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
for sure they can...but you gotta admit...Pittsburgh has been DOMINANT these finals...theyve been the better team BY FAR. Martin Jones needs to be in the discussion for Conn Smythe if they come back.

Jones or Murray should win the Conn Smythe. I know it's a clinche to give it to a goalie, but both have been playing amazing. Especially considering where both are coming from. These aren't 30-year old, Vezina trophy winners.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Jones or Murray should win the Conn Smythe. I know it's a clinche to give it to a goalie, but both have been playing amazing. Especially considering where both are coming from. These aren't 30-year old, Vezina trophy winners.

if pittsburgh wins. Kessel is going to take it home..and rightfully so.

I dont think Murrays results have been about Murray..its been about the team in front of him. Hes rarely been their best player.

Kessel has been dominant.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Let's just bribe Nashville to let us take Phil Housley from them. I think he knows a thing or two about defense.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Agree. I really don't see how anyone in their right mind who isn't a Pens fan can root for them. They are everything that is wrong with the NHL. Whiny, Cheapshots, Complainers, Tankers, Favored by the Betts, etc.

This is why HF Boards need a reputation rating system

+5 to you!

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What about Leetch? It'll probably go to Beukeboom most likely.

No experience at all. What has Leetch done to warrant a spot on the coaching staff? He is the worst captain we've had in the last 30 years. He can't lead. That's not a good sign for an assistant coach. Let him start in the ECHL. I am so tired of people giving free passes to former great players. No Messier or Leetch in the coaching staff please

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
Agree. I really don't see how anyone in their right mind who isn't a Pens fan can root for them. They are everything that is wrong with the NHL. Whiny, Cheapshots, Complainers, Tankers, Favored by the Betts, etc.

Speaking of Pens fans....had on NHL Radio in the car earlier....heard one caller, a Pens fan. Basically said the Sharks were lucky, Jones isn't any good, he had two lucky periods in game 5 otherwise the Pens would have won. Now I didn't see a second of the game but I'm sure Jones was more good then lucky. What did he have, 38 saves?

It was all I could take, I shut it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille