NHL Around the NHL XII - Golden Knights Fire Gallant

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I remember him from his Manchester Monarchs days- this is the guy in charge of the Department of Player Safety? This has to be some kind of a joke. :laugh: He had his dirty moments on the ice in his heyday. It's funny how guys like him, after they retire, want to stop the very thing on the ice that they made their living on.
Pronger held that post too if not mistaken and was an unmitigated disaster at it

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
You mean Bobrovsky? Also people are sleeping on the Jackets right now. That’s a damn good team and they play a hard game which is something the Lightning do not respond well to at all.

The Flyers play a hard game too. You missed my point on those two teams though. I never implied they would beat Tampa, I simply implied that they are tough outs that will pound the Lightning. I would bet on Tampa winning both those series, but I bet they’ll be beat up coming into the second round.

I think the Flyers are one of those teams who you get plenty of dud games from followed by games where they impress. Watching the Jackets only 2, maybe 3 games this year, the one thing I noticed is EVERY shift the players play full tilt, there are no passengers, they may not win them all but it`s rarely due to lack of effort. That lineup is depleted badly with injuries and they are playing solid hockey.

Reactions: DiggityDog

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think the Flyers are one of those teams who you get plenty of dud games from followed by games where they impress. Watching the Jackets only 2, maybe 3 games this year, the one thing I noticed is EVERY shift the players play full tilt, there are no passengers, they may not win them all but it`s rarely due to lack of effort. That lineup is depleted badly with injuries and they are playing solid hockey.

They know better than to piss off Torts :laugh:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I think the first round will have its share of upsets like every season. There may be a mental aspect with Tampa....does it make them more determined to win or do the ghosts of last year dance in their heads? A lot of this game is mental and injuries make a big difference too....ask Bruins fans about Krejci in 2010. Predictions are fun though so I'll go with the Bruins winning the cup in 2020.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
From Down Goes Brown

Brad Marchand shootout excuses.

• In hindsight, that adorable little kid in the front row frantically waving the “Brad Marchand Fan” sign probably meant it as a description and not a request.
  • While it sounded good on paper, it may have been the wrong time to break out his patented “Wayne Gretzky at the Olympics” move.
  • Was intimidated by Carter Hart yelling “Stay away, I am a Philadephia Flyers goaltender in the 2000s so something terrible is inevitably going to happen!”
  • Dude, those pucks are a lot smaller than they look.
  • Recently subscribed to The Athletic and read a great article by a handsome writer who made a lot of good points about boycotting the shootout, and decided to give that a try.
  • His idiot friend always makes him use that one old controller that they spilled a drink on and now the “actually touch the puck” button doesn’t always work.
  • According to most Bruins fans, this is all somehow Tuukka Rask’s fault.
  • Just wanted to be responsible for the first loss in Bruins’ history that Jack Edwards couldn’t blame on the referees.
  • Is still feeling pretty broken up about Matthew Tkachuk passing him as the league’s most-despised dirtbag.
  • Honestly not even sure what people are complaining about, since that was pretty much the most successful shootout the Bruins have had all season.
  • Be patient, this is all going to make his eventual Game 7 overtime penalty shot goal to eliminate the Maple Leafs way more hilarious.
  • The puck was sitting on the center red line, but Philadelphia’s ice has one of those alternating red-and-white-patterns instead of one solid color like it is in Boston, and Marchand has always had a tough time with changing lines.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
From Down Goes Brown

Brad Marchand shootout excuses.

• In hindsight, that adorable little kid in the front row frantically waving the “Brad Marchand Fan” sign probably meant it as a description and not a request.
  • While it sounded good on paper, it may have been the wrong time to break out his patented “Wayne Gretzky at the Olympics” move.
  • Was intimidated by Carter Hart yelling “Stay away, I am a Philadephia Flyers goaltender in the 2000s so something terrible is inevitably going to happen!”
  • Dude, those pucks are a lot smaller than they look.
  • Recently subscribed to The Athletic and read a great article by a handsome writer who made a lot of good points about boycotting the shootout, and decided to give that a try.
  • His idiot friend always makes him use that one old controller that they spilled a drink on and now the “actually touch the puck” button doesn’t always work.
  • According to most Bruins fans, this is all somehow Tuukka Rask’s fault.
  • Just wanted to be responsible for the first loss in Bruins’ history that Jack Edwards couldn’t blame on the referees.
  • Is still feeling pretty broken up about Matthew Tkachuk passing him as the league’s most-despised dirtbag.
  • Honestly not even sure what people are complaining about, since that was pretty much the most successful shootout the Bruins have had all season.
  • Be patient, this is all going to make his eventual Game 7 overtime penalty shot goal to eliminate the Maple Leafs way more hilarious.
  • The puck was sitting on the center red line, but Philadelphia’s ice has one of those alternating red-and-white-patterns instead of one solid color like it is in Boston, and Marchand has always had a tough time with changing lines.
tenor.gif

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Pietroangelo just threw his stick at Landeskog while he was in the process of scoring the empty net sealer for the Avalanche against the Blues. Not aggressively, just more in frustration, throwing a bit of a tantrum really. Kind of funny, kind of typical of the Blues' mentality.

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Habs fans were not booing the US anthem - they were booing Max Pacioretty when he was shown on scoreboard during it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad