NHL Around the NHL XII - Golden Knights Fire Gallant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Times have changed in Poutineville - once upon a time they would have seen this disallowed - not anymore

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
It breaks my heart when I see Savvy post on twitter with a Blues logo as his avatar
lossy-page1-800px-Benedict_Arnold._Copy_of_engraving_by_H._B._Hall_after_John_Trumbull%2C_published_1879.%2C_1931_-_1932_-_NARA_-_532921.tif.jpg

Reactions: BMC and Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
From the Athletic:

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the EBUG:...

Two violent collisions in the span of five days caused the heart rate of former junior hockey goaltender Bailey Seagraves to dramatically rise.

One involved a deer and his 2019 Honda CR-V. The other featured the elbow of Blue Jackets rookie forward Emil Bemstrom and the head of Bruins veteran goalie Tuukka Rask.

There’s no question which accident created more excitement and anxiety for the 22-year-old Seagraves, who grew up dreaming of playing in the NHL.

Rask barely had been helped from the Nationwide Arena ice Tuesday night, less than two minutes into the game, when Seagraves’ phone began buzzing. Seated in the press box, the young man dressed in a black suit and tie received word from Blue Jackets assistant general manager Josh Flynn that he might serve as the Bruins’ backup goalie for the remainder of the evening.

Good thing Jaro didn't get hurt too :eek:

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Thankfully guys like Kassian still exist in this banal, sanitary version of the sport.
and it`s guys like Kassian who get suspended when an incident like the one he had with Tkachuk was commonplace only a short time ago in this league

Never a fan of the orchestrated fight but I saw nothing wrong with Kassian`s actions, up against a guy who has layed 2-3 borderline legal hits, sought to fight his own battles, opponent not only declines, but is willing to look like a ridiculous rag doll

Flames fans will call it "smart" as it put the Flames on the PP and the won, fans who have watched this game for years likely puked when they saw it unfold

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

That is a huge blow to the Canes. They don't really have the depth to make up for what Dougie contributes. Maybe he will make it back in time for the playoffs. Always hate to see any player having a great season go down with a bad injury.

Reactions: Estlin

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Arvidsson's salary this season is $4,250,000, so a $2,000 fine is 0.047% of his salary. if you make $50,000 a year, 0.047% of that is $23.53. Quite the deterrent i'm sure

It's what was negotiated by the Players Association in the CBA. It would need to be changed in a new CBA, unfortunately the only ones pushing for this would be the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad