NHL Around the NHL XI - Hall traded to Coyotes by Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

I can't even imagine what would possess someone to HECKLE in that situation.

What a sick individual. o_O

Reactions: BMC

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

What do the keyboard jockeys think of this?

As a proud keyboard jockey, I say hell yes!!!: If the NHL drops the instigator penalty and the third man in rule, lets defensman come down below the face off dots in the event of scrum and instructs the linesmen not to jump in at the first cranky facial expression. Otherwise, it is just a sideshow and doesn't really stop the meatheads or dirtbags. Players just cannot police the ice the way they once could, the league won't let them. Now, let the fur fly.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Remember when Brett Connolly couldn't score an empty net goal for us back then but leads the Panthers with 14 goals now?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Remember when Brett Connolly couldn't score an empty net goal for us back then but leads the Panthers with 14 goals now?

Remember when Blake Wheeler .. . oh wait, that's a horrible game to play :laugh: I do wish they had resigned Connolly, I thought he was decent. It also makes me think about when the last time the Bruins signed someone else's unwanted guy and got a nice return out of it?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Well, I don't wish injury on anyone, not even Tim Peel, but I'll admit that I won't miss him reffing any Bruins games for the next while.

I just hope they don't decide to put him in charge of reviews in Toronto. o_O :help:

Edit: he's out three months, surgery required

Last edited:
Reactions: Mantis and BMC

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Remember when Blake Wheeler .. . oh wait, that's a horrible game to play :laugh: I do wish they had resigned Connolly, I thought he was decent. It also makes me think about when the last time the Bruins signed someone else's unwanted guy and got a nice return out of it?

Yeah Connolly was decent, probably better served as a 3rd liner at the time, but still think he should've been tendered an offer. Claude played him over his head.

Ryder comes to mind for me when it comes to finding treasure out of someone else's garbage. Habs didn't want him, signs with B's, then goes goal per game vs Habs in the playoffs the same year. Plus the glove save in the 2011 playoffs vs the Habs. So sweet haha

Reactions: pgm16 and BMC

8Neely8

Jul 3, 2009
My bad...sorry about the bad post...wasn’t aware it was a fake

Last edited:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yeah Connolly was decent, probably better served as a 3rd liner at the time, but still think he should've been tendered an offer. Claude played him over his head.

Ryder comes to mind for me when it comes to finding treasure out of someone else's garbage. Habs didn't want him, signs with B's, then goes goal per game vs Habs in the playoffs the same year. Plus the glove save in the 2011 playoffs vs the Habs. So sweet haha

Good call on Ryder

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
As a proud keyboard jockey, I say hell yes!!!: If the NHL drops the instigator penalty and the third man in rule, lets defensman come down below the face off dots in the event of scrum and instructs the linesmen not to jump in at the first cranky facial expression. Otherwise, it is just a sideshow and doesn't really stop the meatheads or dirtbags. Players just cannot police the ice the way they once could, the league won't let them. Now, let the fur fly.
The shield is an inhibitor though

players who fight need to use an uppercut - that’s really the only legit knock out punch in today’s game

TRIVIA: what legendary former pugilist had a phenomenal uppercut. Hint he played for us

When Gaunce got called up he wore a cage - was it normal or do to injury he suffered previously

That would eliminate fighting

Reactions: Dr Hook

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10

players who fight need to use an uppercut - that’s really the only legit knock out punch in today’s game

TRIVIA: what legendary former pugilist had a phenomenal uppercut. Hint he played for us

When Gaunce got called up he wore a cage - was it normal or do to injury he suffered previously

LB

Reactions: DKH

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

I am always amazed that they bother when most of the time they are punching onto someone's hard plastic helmet and yes, the shield too. Agree with Trenton above, Lyndon Byers could chuck them. I wouldn't say P.J. Stock was legendary but I seem to recall he had a good uppercut as well.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
WARNING

the following video may get you aroused

this is

A. The greatest upper cut in the history of hockey

B. On Craig Berube

I went home after game 7 went thru a box of Swiss Miss hot chocolate watching this over and over and it helped

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
WARNING

the following video may get you aroused

this is

A. The greatest upper cut in the history of hockey

B. On Craig Berube

I went home after game 7 went thru a box of Swiss Miss hot chocolate watching this over and over and it helped

Too bad we couldn't have had LB come down for th Stanley Cup finals and sit right behind Berube and stare at him every game :laugh:

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
I am always amazed that they bother when most of the time they are punching onto someone's hard plastic helmet and yes, the shield too. Agree with Trenton above, Lyndon Byers could chuck them. I wouldn't say P.J. Stock was legendary but I seem to recall he had a good uppercut as well.

Heat of the moment I suppose. I've seen the rare occasion when both players agree to toss the helmets and then go at it.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Heat of the moment I suppose. I've seen the rare occasion when both players agree to toss the helmets and then go at it.

Yeah they are fired up no doubt and probably don't care in the moment. But, this is why I never want to see Brad doing this, or Gryz, or Krug for example. Those guys live and die by their hands to not be tearing them up on some meathead like Hathaway's helmet.

Reactions: Olden McGroin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad