NHL Around the NHL X - Maple Leafs fire head coach Mike Babcock, promote Sheldon Keefe

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

You can retain twice. Happened with Dubynk going from EDM to NSH to MTL.

Lucic is useless come playoff time at this point and that’s what we’re building for. No thanks

Reactions: Estlin and Pia8988

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Its 5.25 according to Cap Friendly but I agree another retention and hes Ryan Reaves.

But its pretty clear he isnt' willing to leave Western Canada. I guess he might be open to Seattle in 2 years.

His deal is 2 years longer than Backes deal. Noone is touching that at this point. Unless you have a guy with 2-3 more years left you want to get rid of.

I'd be interested if there wasn't such a long commitment and see how he looks with DK. But 3 years after this is too long if it doesn't work out.

I feel lucic is a lot more willing to leave western Canada now then he was a couple years ago... he definitely took the loss of his dad hard and it dominated a lot of his thoughts when I heard him talking.

I think his pride took a huge beating how things went in edmonton

he had some injury problems... but he just seemed to really lose his love for the game when I heard him talking

Calgary isnt turning out much better... but hes clearly making an effort to goon it up more... Calgary is a playoff team and I think he wants to redeam his reputation.

boston was the scene of his glory. if theres one fan base that might give him the praise he used to enjoy it could be us. he still has friends on this team from his glory days.

you are right about his caphit… I went from memory since I got him on my sim teams but I brain cramped... thanks for the correction.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
You can retain twice. Happened with Dubynk going from EDM to NSH to MTL.

Lucic is useless come playoff time at this point and that’s what we’re building for. No thanks
Good to know. Seems like it could be exploitable. Like could Tampa say we want Loui Eriksson but neither they nor Vancouver want to bear the brunt of the hit, so they go through a rebuilding team like Detroit on the way where VAN retains 15% and DET retains another 20% in exchange for a draft pick from each side, even if he never actually plays a game for them?

member 96824

Good to know. Seems like it could be exploitable. Like could Tampa say we want Loui Eriksson but neither they nor Vancouver want to bear the brunt of the hit, so they go through a rebuilding team like Detroit on the way where VAN retains 15% and DET retains another 20% in exchange for a draft pick from each side, even if he never actually plays a game for them?

Could certainly happen. The only place the retained contract can’t go is back to the original team within one year.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
You guys.

Can we get him back? :laugh:

Screenshot_20191104-215041_Instagram.jpg

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
There hasn't been Bruins at the top of the leader boards like this since the Orr/Espo days. :thumbu:
NHL.com - Stats

Goals
1.David Pastrnak • BOS 14
Assists
1.Brad Marchand • BOS18
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2.Brad Marchand • BOS28
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Plus/Minus
1.Brad Marchand • BOS15
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Power Play Goals
1.David Pastrnak • BOS8
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Save Percentage
1.Tuukka Rask • BOS.949
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Goals Against Average
1.Tuukka Rask • BOS1.49
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Could we be looking at a cup final rematch with vancouver this year?

This elias peterson kid has potential to pass mcdavid as the top young player in nhl imho

Not often the best player in nhl wasnt drafted 1st overall...

I guess Forsberg and jagr are the 2 biggest examples i can think of

Gretzky wasnt drafted but was an obvious 1st overall

Lafleur was... orr was obvious

From orr
To lafleur
To gretzky
To lemieux

Then a time until crosby
Now mcdavid

Canucks jim benning got very maligned in his rebuild efforts but that young core...

Peterson
Horvat
Boesser
Hughes

Is the type of strength down the middle
2way character
Stud dman

Formula boston used

And all them character roleplayers like schaller and beagle and sutter that analytic people want to mock... they actually do bring value to a young rebuilding team

Character/leadership/grit matter

If i had 10 bucks to bet on hockey today... id lay it down on a bruin canuck cup final rematch

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

The one stinky exploit was the brassard ottawa/vegas/pittsburgh 3way

It wasnt a double retention but it was clearly an exploit

Then there was the double retention nash/belesky deal where rangers retained more in year 1... but Boston retained more long term. I wouldnt necessarily call it stinky but some people might

Cant remember any other questionable retention deals

But worst was the buyout deal with brooks orpik... having him traded, bought out, then resigning in washington seamed horrible.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Reactions: Ladyfan and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Maybe I'm just naive but it's hard for me to fathom any of the Bruins using cocaine or ecstasy. That doesn't seem like something Chara or Bergeron would be okay with, if they knew someone was using. I mean yes, it's ultimately the individual's decision, but I just can't think of any of the Bruins as cokeheads.

I'll just go stick my head back in the sand. :tmi:
Yea I don't think this is an issue with the Bruins and honestly, if there is, I prefer to not know.

Also, wouldn't we know if someone tested positive for something like cocaine or ecstasy because the league announces it?

Reactions: Bruinaura

member 96824

Maybe I'm just naive but it's hard for me to fathom any of the Bruins using cocaine or ecstasy. That doesn't seem like something Chara or Bergeron would be okay with, if they knew someone was using. I mean yes, it's ultimately the individual's decision, but I just can't think of any of the Bruins as cokeheads.

I'll just go stick my head back in the sand. :tmi:

I think it’s very safe to assume no team is immune..but what they do out side of 60 min a night is none of my business so make room in the sand for me!

Reactions: Pia8988

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Dallas reveals jersey for Winter Classic

Also the Blues had a 3 on 0 in OT vs the Canucks last night, can't say I've ever seen that:

Reactions: Aeroforce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad