OT: Around the NHL: Will the Bolts repeat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
202834380_4354083031321864_6975818791944136480_n.jpg

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I've watched very little of TB/NYI series. I've seen enough NYI hockey this year so hopefully Tampa can manage to win it.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The worst part isn't the potential Habs-Isles SCF. It's every other team on the fence trying to adopt that "muck and grind, muddy up the neutral zone, bend but don't break while relying on the goalie" style and the greater product around the league turning to shit. :laugh:

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Now that VGK has suffered the inevitable Fleury playoff gaffe (I was watching with my son the other night - the first thing out of his mouth after the puck-handling Gaffe was "you called it"), I think they'll recover to beat the Habs. There's just too much of a disparity in talent for the Habs to win 4.

I think many at the league HQ wouldn't mind seeing a Habs/Isles finals. However, one of the bad side effects, besides re-legitimizing DPE hockey, is that they'll see no need to fix the cap rules to avoid TB-like circumvention.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I hope the Habs or Isles win it all. Real hockey back on the menu. So sick of this.. We don't want to play defense so if you do = boring hockey.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
IF they would do that, I'm not sure how it would play out. Lehner hasn't played in quite some time. Although you can't have much confidence in MAF currently. At least in playing the puck. That's the only reason I might hesitate a switch. He was ok between the pipes.

Tonight is a must win for Vegas though. I believe they'll win, but they need to not overthink the goaltending.

Reactions: Al Smith

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
It seems like a silly ploy to fake like the VGK will start Lehner and then go with Fleury after all. The pressure coming down from the top must tremendous.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

So the first cog begins to turn in the "Walsh loses his mind and goes off about MAF being betrayed by Vegas, ultimately ending up with MAF demanding a trade back to Pittsburgh" plan.

Great. Can't wait for Yinzer Jesus to return. :laugh: (I do like MAF, and think he's a massive upgrade over Jarry, but holy shit his fanboys put Hornqvist's and Geno's to shame, and that's saying something.)

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
This is a very precarious scenario here. Sometimes changing the goalie works well. But again Lehner hasn't played in a couple of weeks and got lit up when he did.

But what MAF did there was so egregious it's hard to just let him off the hook. Vegas had the game won and MAF wasted an excellent 60 minute effort by his team mates.

This is not an easy decision. Still, I am surprised a bit they are going this route.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
They're really gonna have to insulate Lehner. Which means they're gonna have to play an even better game tonight and hope Price is average.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This is a very precarious scenario here. Sometimes changing the goalie works well. But again Lehner hasn't played in a couple of weeks and got lit up when he did.

But what MAF did there was so egregious it's hard to just let him off the hook. Vegas had the game won and MAF wasted an excellent 60 minute effort by his team mates.

This is not an easy decision. Still, I am surprised a bit they are going this route.

that’s because you’re used to Sullivan not changing shit...every other coach has tweaked lines, players etc in these playoffs...we might still be playing today if he had the balls to try Legace in net...and switch up L1

Reactions: Shearypwnskunitz

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Now, let's turn our attention to BHD, who will breakdown how the Habs and Isles are slowing down the game.

spiderman-meme.jpg

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad