Around the NHL - What Happens In Vegas.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Schroeder would've been a good tweener to stash in Tucson (like Dauphin).

KG

Sep 23, 2010
That would be awkward, Tippet taking his best friend's job...

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Haha Tipp could fit well with a veteran team in need of a change. Then we'll all hear about what idiots we were ignoring the fact that Tipp like Q has a shelf life.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Pretty sure we're paying McGinn more than Eaves just got... *sigh*

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Deal isn't great but Schenn is highly overrated.

I disagree. Schenn can play Center and Winger and also is really good in a lot of areas. Lehtera is overrated though and signed to a terrible contract for two more years. This trade is really aweful...

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Schenn can play neither great and needs other players to carry him at both ends of the ice.
I disagree. Schenn can play Center and Winger and also is really good in a lot of areas. Lehtera is overrated though and signed to a terrible contract for two more years. This trade is really aweful...

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Schenn can play neither great and needs other players to carry him at both ends of the ice.

If Philly is keen to take on terrible contracts, I would have been more than happy to give up the 7th and 23th pick to dump McGinn and get Schenn. Surely better than to donate the 7th and DeAngelo for Stepan and Raanta:laugh:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Forgetting the salary difference Stepan is a better player than Schenn. He is a better center and a more complete player by a large margin.
If Philly is keen to take on terrible contracts, I would have been more than happy to give up the 7th and 23th pick to dump McGinn and get Schenn. Surely better than to donate the 7th and DeAngelo for Stepan and Raanta:laugh:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Forgetting the salary difference Stepan is a better player than Schenn. He is a better center and a more complete player by a large margin.

True. But Schenn is tougher and the Rags didn't take McGinn:laugh:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Schenn is more rat than tough, I've watched him since he was a kid and lived blocks from me.

I agree that he's dirty at times. He's still pretty tough. I like Stepan but he's rather soft and we have enough softies already.

On a sidenote...I really don't like that the Blues just landed Schenn and Kostin. Kostin is gonna be one heck of a player. As good as the Blues were lately...they're gonna be a team to watch going forward...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad