Around the NHL - What Happens In Vegas.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
It's weird because the slash didn't look THAT bad, but it was definitely cheap. I agree with MIG, someone with a suspension history gets the book thrown at them.

Yes swiftkey defiantly cheap, not definitely.

Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
That slash without that result happens at least a dozen times every game.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
That slash without that result happens at least a dozen times every game.

True, but the NHL is all about the result dictating the punishment. It's even written in the rules. High stick no blood vs blood...boarding with injury and without...

If Hossa had popped up after the Torres hit and not missed a shift, what would the penalty have been?

Slashing is a penalty...should not matter how many times the officials decide to ignore obvious penalties...this one caused serious injury, and the player will miss games down the stretch when his team needs him.

The fact that officials selectively call penalties based on the result contributes to this kind of **** happening.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The NHL has suspensions screwed up as badly as they do goaltender interference and the offside rule. All 3 need major fixing.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The fact that officials selectively call penalties based on the result contributes to this kind of **** happening.
100%. Plus the number of clearly malicious incidents which resulted in little or no punishment because no injury resulted. Makes no sense.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Wheel of justice applies once a review takes place. Now more of us have a reason to see Pittsburgh fail.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Wheel of justice applies once a review takes place. Now more of us have a reason to see Pittsburgh fail.

I think the wheels of justice will show up in Crosby's later years of his life.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I have no ill will towards Crosby, just dismay at the NHLs inconsistent discipline.

Comment wasn't directed at you but NHL has also never suspended a player for a spear so why would Did be the first?

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Comment wasn't directed at you but NHL has also never suspended a player for a spear so why would Did be the first?

I'm more concerned about the slash that nearly severed a finger.

It's like speeding. Everyone does it, and sometimes it's overlooked or receives a minor penalty, but if you injure someone, the penalty is more severe.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
One of my favorite memes earlier in the season was the Eichel isn't that good thing going around the mainboards just because he missed a month and change due to injury. Like that somehow magically made him lose his franchise player status or something. Oh he's got 50 in 53 now? What's that come again?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Folks were to retire Crosby early last season!!! When you're great the amount of hate matches it and plenty of people anxiously await your demise.
One of my favorite memes earlier in the season was the Eichel isn't that good thing going around the mainboards just because he missed a month and change due to injury. Like that somehow magically made him lose his franchise player status or something. Oh he's got 50 in 53 now? What's that come again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad