NHL Around the NHL VIII - John Tavares named Captain of the Edmund Fitzgerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Tampa has a lot of high AAV contracts, and not much coming off the books. That bubble is going to burst on them soon.

Still haven't signed Point either.

Reactions: bbfan419

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Vegas got a 2020 3rd round pick and a 2021 2nd round pick from NJ for Gusev. The Devils have signed Gusev to a 2-year deal worth $4.5 million a season.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Vegas got a 2020 3rd round pick and a 2021 2nd round pick from NJ for Gusev. The Devils have signed Gusev to a 2-year deal worth $4.5 million a season.

New Jersey's has a pretty good off season. I wonder whether all those moves will persuade Taylor Hall to stay.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Is it me or is that a lot of dough for a guy who has never played a game in the NHL? I'll hang up and listen.

To me it is- glad the Bruins didn't get in on that. The guy might be a great player, or he could be a great big flop. No one really knows and 4.5 a year plus giving up two picks is a health roll of the dice. Devils have a lot of cap room, though, so it makes more sense for them than for the Bruins.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Another perfect fit for us goes to someone else. (Bar the fact we hate Russians.) I'd have done that for Gusev. Maybe Senyshyn will be better with Krejci lolololololololololol.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Another perfect fit for us goes to someone else. (Bar the fact we hate Russians.) I'd have done that for Gusev. Maybe Senyshyn will be better with Krejci lolololololololololol.

You'd give up a 2nd + 3rd and $4.5 million in cap space for a 27yr old winger whose had a few good years in the KHL but never skated a shift in the NHL?

WOW!

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

We hate Russians but just drafted two the past two years? Lol.

Also, I love how he's a perfect fit when he hasn't played in the NHL. You're a hot take machine lately.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Has a good chance to be this summers Ilya Kovalchuck signing.
Jan Kovar, was right around a point a game in the KHL for years, came over didn't make the Islanders, tried Providence and then went home. Gusev easily could follow the same trajectory. Kovar I believe was only 2M however with Islanders

Reactions: bbfan419

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Jan Kovar, was right around a point a game in the KHL for years, came over didn't make the Islanders, tried Providence and then went home. Gusev easily could follow the same trajectory. Kovar I believe was only 2M however with Islanders

Martin Bakos was another one . . . not quite at the same level as Kovar and Gusev, but modestly successful in the KHL.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Is it me or is that a lot of dough for a guy who has never played a game in the NHL? I'll hang up and listen.
It's a lot of money for a non-NHL player, but he's beat the bag off of NHL competition when he's faced it.

My main complaint if I'm a Jersey fan is only two seasons. If he's as good as advertised, he'll be taking them to the cleaners in a blink. Why not get a couple UFA years off him for that number?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
was wondering the same so I zipped over to see their salaries which I have posted a link below to, having 7 players making under a mill helps but they still have Point and Erne contracts to negotiate and only 5 mill or so do to it with, maybe a move or two are coming?

Tampa Bay Lightning - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Domingue + a d-man to the minors. There's another $1.7 million

Callahan will go on LTIR, there's another $5.8 million.

You're up to $13 million in space now.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
It's a lot of money for a non-NHL player, but he's beat the bag off of NHL competition when he's faced it.

My main complaint if I'm a Jersey fan is only two seasons. If he's as good as advertised, he'll be taking them to the cleaners in a blink. Why not get a couple UFA years off him for that number?

They won't be able to trade him for an asset after his deal ends sure but there is no savings for having a guy under control as a RFA vs a UFA anymore. Might as well let the guys become UFAs theres some incentive to get an extension done sooner on both sides.

AND if hes good they can extend him next summer. NJD and Gusev's agent might have an agreement to both negotiate seriously on a long term deal a year from now and that could have been how the deal got done. If Hall leaves they'll need to pay somone.

We should have extended McAvoy last summer and planned to let Chara walk and Miller move on. Chara out McAvoy raise is probably an even swap. I think we did kick the tires on an extension but McAvoy camp had no interest whatsoever in our offer but it was probably a bad one does he turn down 8x7 last August?

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I for one hope Senyshyn and Bjork had the best off-seasons of their lives and took major steps forward in their development.

ELC getting out of their shelves are a big reason for NHL team success.

Bruins had that huge advantage over the competition with McAvoy-Carlo-DeBrusk-Heinen playing huge roles at ELC money. Big reason they were a game 7 away from a 2nd Cup in 9 years.

They lost this advantage for next season. Time for he new wave to take the floor and run with it.

I have either Stud and Senyshyn making the team out of camp. Both would also do. Bjork also right there. Plenty of skills right there.

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Stud
Heinen-Coyle-Senyshyn
Bjork-Kuraly-Wagner
Ritchie/Nordstrom

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Domingue + a d-man to the minors. There's another $1.7 million

Callahan will go on LTIR, there's another $5.8 million.

You're up to $13 million in space now.
They are fine for this season, but moving forward for 20-21, they are in a bit of a bind. Vasi's extension replaces Callahan's money, Sergachev is an RFA.

A lot of it hinges on Point's deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad