NHL Around the NHL VIII - John Tavares named Captain of the Edmund Fitzgerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I for one am happy Savard has a job and do not care who he is employed by. He’s probably pals with berube. Good for him.

I know the blues just beat us but this isn’t exactly Johnny Damon going to the Yankees. I still really don’t care one way or another about the blues franchise. Those opposed to this need to get out of their feelings, it’s been at least a month at this point.

Happy for him too, and I heard a clip during the day yesterday with Berube who spoke about his time playing with Savvy during their careers and the how they had a very good relationship so likely played a significant part in him getting the gig

I`m more interested in who Savvy declined possible employment from, surely the Blues aren`t the first team who came knocking, betcha CJ and the Habs did too:naughty:

Reactions: rfournier103

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I hate that most of the Bruins team were injured and unable to put out their 100%. Which makes for a bad on-ice product when your best players are injured because of questionable hits from opposing players who have an intent to injure.

Would have liked to see Boston at their best playing St. Louis at their best. Not what we saw.

But I'm sure all this will be overcorrected once McDavid or Crosby get knocked out fo the game due to concussions and the NHL is forced to actually do something.

There is a difference between punishing physical play and trying to hurt your opponent to knock them out of a game/series.

The injury thing is a bit of a cop-out, frankly. Broken ribs didn't stop Ryan O'Reilly from beasting and winning the Conn Smythe.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
The injury thing is a bit of a cop-out, frankly. Broken ribs didn't stop Ryan O'Reilly from beasting and winning the Conn Smythe.

Yeah, Bergeron must be a wimp for not beating Chicago with a punctured lung and broken rib.

The injuries players suffer affect their game. Same as any injury would affect you and me in any physical endeavor. Plus, unlike in video games, you can sustain a laundry list of injuries at the same time. So this builds up.

I dare say some of the Bruins on the ice for the playoffs were playing with injuries that would cripple most of us posters here.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah, Bergeron must be a wimp for not beating Chicago with a punctured lung and broken rib.

The injuries players suffer affect their game. Same as any injury would affect you and me in any physical endeavor. Plus, unlike in video games, you can sustain a laundry list of injuries at the same time. So this builds up.

I dare say some of the Bruins on the ice for the playoffs were playing with injuries that would cripple most of us posters here.

I call in sick with the sniffles, far be it from me to comment on these gladiators:laugh:

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I was looking at a list of NHLers approaching milestones, and noticed Corey Perry is 12 games away from 1000.

Guess who Dallas's 12th game is against....

:ducks2

Assuming he plays in all the games up until that point, what a weird game that will be for him. :laugh: But it's in Dallas, not Anaheim.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
SportsBetting recently set the odds for NHL point totals for the 2019-20 season. We’ve used those point totals to get a look at the predicted standings, as well as some potential playoff matchups.

Eastern Conference

Atlantic Division
1. Tampa Bay Lightning (108.5)
2. Toronto Maple Leafs (101.5)
3. Boston Bruins (100.5)
WC2. New York Islanders (93.5)

Metropolitan Division

1. Washington Capitals(96.5)
2. Carolina Hurricanes(95.5)
3. Pittsburgh Penguins(94.5)
WC1. Florida Panthers(96.5)

Non-playoff teams

9. Philadelphia Flyers(90.5)
10. New Jersey Devils(88.5)
11. Montreal Canadiens(88.5)
12. New York Rangers(87.5)
13. Columbus Blue Jackets(84.5)
14. Buffalo Sabres(83.5)
15. Detroit Red Wings(75.5)
16. Ottawa Senators(68.5)

Western Conference

Pacific Division
1. Vegas Golden Knights (100.5)
2. Calgary Flames (96.5)
3. San Jose Sharks (93.5)
WC2. Winnipeg Jets (95.5)

Central Division

1. Colorado Avalanche (98.5)
2. Nashville Predators (97.5)
3. St. Louis Blues (96.5)
WC1. Dallas Stars (96.5)

Non-playoff teams

9. Vancouver Canucks (90.5)
10. Arizona Coyotes (90.5)
11. Chicago Blackhawks (90.5)
12. Edmonton Oilers (85.5)
13. Minnesota Wild (84.5)
14. Anaheim Ducks (79.5)
15. Los Angeles Kings (73.5)

The 2019-20 NHL standings as predicted by oddsmakers | Offside

member 96824

SportsBetting recently set the odds for NHL point totals for the 2019-20 season. We’ve used those point totals to get a look at the predicted standings, as well as some potential playoff matchups.

Eastern Conference

Atlantic Division
1. Tampa Bay Lightning (108.5)
2. Toronto Maple Leafs (101.5)
3. Boston Bruins (100.5)
WC2. New York Islanders (93.5)

Metropolitan Division

1. Washington Capitals(96.5)
2. Carolina Hurricanes(95.5)
3. Pittsburgh Penguins(94.5)
WC1. Florida Panthers(96.5)

Non-playoff teams

9. Philadelphia Flyers(90.5)
10. New Jersey Devils(88.5)
11. Montreal Canadiens(88.5)
12. New York Rangers(87.5)
13. Columbus Blue Jackets(84.5)
14. Buffalo Sabres(83.5)
15. Detroit Red Wings(75.5)
16. Ottawa Senators(68.5)

Western Conference

Pacific Division
1. Vegas Golden Knights (100.5)
2. Calgary Flames (96.5)
3. San Jose Sharks (93.5)
WC2. Winnipeg Jets (95.5)

Central Division

1. Colorado Avalanche (98.5)
2. Nashville Predators (97.5)
3. St. Louis Blues (96.5)
WC1. Dallas Stars (96.5)

Non-playoff teams

9. Vancouver Canucks (90.5)
10. Arizona Coyotes (90.5)
11. Chicago Blackhawks (90.5)
12. Edmonton Oilers (85.5)
13. Minnesota Wild (84.5)
14. Anaheim Ducks (79.5)
15. Los Angeles Kings (73.5)

The 2019-20 NHL standings as predicted by oddsmakers | Offside

The only reason the metro teams will even crack 80 points is because they get to play each other

Reactions: Boston Bandit

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Obviously Marc wants to coach in the NHL, and this is his first step. Any one of us would have done it were we in his shoes. Loved him as a player, and I can safely say that the Bruins have yet to replace him.

He will be a head coach one day, and I wish him and his family nothing but success and happiness.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Obviously Marc wants to coach in the NHL, and this is his first step. Any one of us would have done it were we in his shoes. Loved him as a player, and I can safely say that the Bruins have yet to replace him.

He will be a head coach one day, and I wish him and his family nothing but success and happiness.

My self respect and principals are not so easily sold. So no for me.
Marc has seriously lost respect in my book. This is not about St. Louis, its about the type of teams and players he is going to coach.

Steve Ott is an assistant coach.

Marc Savard will be coaching with Steve Ott. Let that sink in.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Marc has seriously lost respect in my book. This is not about St. Louis, its about the type of teams and players he is going to coach.

Wow, you must really not like Marchad then.

Reactions: Spektre and Estlin

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Wow, you must really not like Marchad then.

I do not like his choices, no.

He has the ability to be a great player and guy on the ice. We see it, especially lately. But he makes bad decisions that have earned him a reputation and the ire of players and fans alike. Marchand is not misunderstood or a victim of his reputation, he has well earned it. It is his choice to carry that forward or to change his course. I've seen a lot from him this year that gives me indication that he is indeed doing just that. Bergeron has rubbed off on him in a lot of ways, I think.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Savard has to take a good job like this anyway he can get it for all you know the other offers were AHL level or something. Weird fit and St Louis has nowhere to go but down (I won't be shocked if they miss the playoffs next year.) But a job is a job. Our coaching staff had an awful finals.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I do not like his choices, no.

He has the ability to be a great player and guy on the ice. We see it, especially lately. But he makes bad decisions that have earned him a reputation and the ire of players and fans alike. Marchand is not misunderstood or a victim of his reputation, he has well earned it. It is his choice to carry that forward or to change his course. I've seen a lot from him this year that gives me indication that he is indeed doing just that. Bergeron has rubbed off on him in a lot of ways, I think.

So Savy goes to a team that has injured players (what team hasnt) and he loses your respect. Marchand has actually injured players and he's just makes bad decisions, but still has your respect?

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
So Savy goes to a team that has injured players (what team hasnt) and he loses your respect. Marchand has actually injured players and he's just makes bad decisions, but still has your respect?

Both people stated have, IMO, made bad decisions that have caused me to re-evalute my esteem of them. It's not repect or hate. There is a lot in between. You can also respect a person yet they have made bad decisions in their life. There are also people whom have made a ton of good decisions according to people who know them that I have no respect for what-so-ever. Humans are not two-dimentional, though shallow opinions can be.

member 96824

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Both people stated have, IMO, made bad decisions that have caused me to re-evalute my esteem of them. It's not repect or hate. There is a lot in between. You can also respect a person yet they have made bad decisions in their life. There are also people whom have made a ton of good decisions according to people who know them that I have no respect for what-so-ever. Humans are not two-dimentional, though shallow opinions can be.

Sounds like there's different standards for different people in your eyes and that's fine, to each their own. Got no issues with Savy going to STL. Its not like he chose them over Boston. Hard for me to not respect a guy still doing what he loves, after seeing his career cut short.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Andrei Vasilevskiy - (8yrs, $9.5M AAV)

How does Tampa keep throwing money around like they have an endless supply?

Reactions: JCRO

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

was wondering the same so I zipped over to see their salaries which I have posted a link below to, having 7 players making under a mill helps but they still have Point and Erne contracts to negotiate and only 5 mill or so do to it with, maybe a move or two are coming?

Tampa Bay Lightning - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: JCRO

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Most of their locked up players aren't David freaking Backes so its not hard to trade them. Killorn and Palat will make way for 2 ELCs/Minimums. And their version of Backes helped them out.

Awful deal though Vasilinevsky isn't that good.

Makes me think we should be pushing our chips in for the next 2 years and walking from Rask. Makes me also think we should probably move on from Halak and try and find a younger diamond in the rough kind of guy next year to be ready to take over.

This awful signing is teh first good news from our end re Toronto/Tampa I think all the prior moves this summer those 2 have made have been very good but that contract could get UGLY.

Good summer to be a Russian goalie in the past I don't remember Russian netminders getting fat contracts they always seemed underpaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad