NHL Around the NHL VIII - John Tavares named Captain of the Edmund Fitzgerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

-Good news leaking about Players vs. Owners talks.
-No talk between Laine and Jets so far this summer.
- Snazzy Buffalo 50th Anniv. Jersey revealed
- Williams considering retirement, unsure about return atm.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
The combination of the less than savory reputation of "insane asylums" (deserved or not) among the public, the pulling of funding by Reagan and others, and the "good intentions with bad results" trend towards deinstitutionalization making involuntary commitment almost impossible, has made for the perfect storm of misery for the most vulnerable among us. Lots of fingers to point for that one, and not many are willing to say it hasn't worked.
Firm believer in all of the above.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005

"Well you never know. It’s still business, you’ve got to be prepared for anything," Laine said Friday. "But yeah, you never know where you’re going to play next year so I’m just prepared for anything."

The response was open-ended enough that it begged an obvious follow-up: Does he still want to play for the Jets?

"Well I’ve got nothing bad to say about Winnipeg, you know? It’s been good so far. But you never know, so that’s kind of my comments."

"I’m not stressed. I’m not worrying about that at all," said Laine. "I know that I’ve done my job as well as I can over these three years, so I know I’m going to play somewhere next year. So that’s something I’m not thinking about too much.

"Hopefully we get it done in the next couple months and be ready when the puck drops."

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Kids overrated

That’s alright we got Cooper Zech!!! (Well sort of)

BruinsNetwork

Kids overrated

That’s alright we got Cooper Zech!!! (Well sort of)

I actually find Priskie to be overrated as well, but he's still a good player.

FWIW, a team source told me yesterday that the Bruins were never "in" on Priskie. Apparently Carolina has had their eye on him for quite a bit of time now and Priskie has had the same interest.

Zech will be on a NHL-contract with BOS before the end of the year.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I actually find Priskie to be overrated as well, but he's still a good player.

FWIW, a team source told me yesterday that the Bruins were never "in" on Priskie. Apparently Carolina has had their eye on him for quite a bit of time now and Priskie has had the same interest.

Zech will be on a NHL-contract with BOS before the end of the year.
You are the man

Got my Providence mini 8 game pack and looking forward to meeting a future star in this business

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Take a trip down memory strip.

The names in this video....

Poor Recchi does not have a good time here.

Ah yes, the 90s, when I first got into hockey.

• The Barrasso flop... He must have taught Ben Bishop
  • I forgot how much I disliked Terry Gregson
  • The Sharks mascot... Yes, let's put a couple gym mats over the ice and concrete, that will help if he falls from 30 feet up :help:

This was in 2000, but one of the weirdest plays I've ever seen. I liked LeClair and the Flyers at the time, and despised Hasek, but that definitely was not a goal. LeClair was the original "Johnny Rocket" before Boychuk, though. He could give Weber a decent run for his money.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Ah yes, the 90s, when I first got into hockey.

• The Barrasso flop... He must have taught Ben Bishop
  • I forgot how much I disliked Terry Gregson
  • The Sharks mascot... Yes, let's put a couple gym mats over the ice and concrete, that will help if he falls from 30 feet up :help:

This was in 2000, but one of the weirdest plays I've ever seen. I liked LeClair and the Flyers at the time, and despised Hasek, but that definitely was not a goal. LeClair was the original "Johnny Rocket" before Boychuk, though. He could give Weber a decent run for his money.

the dude in the sweatpants going out onto that beam or whatever with zero fall arrest/prevention, my butt puckered a little

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Seems odd that Priskie went to the team with arguably the most defensive depth after claiming that's why he left the Caps.

I can see why a young guy would want to go there though. Young team with a lot of talent - especially after their run this year. Gotta imagine they trade a D out soon - they've got so many good ones and so little depth up front.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Firm believer in all of the above.

Me too.

I am in favor of going back to institutions- we now know so much more about the care people who suffer from mental illness need and more importantly how not to take care of them. IOW institutions do not have to be hells on earth, they can be good safe places for people who can't/won't take care of themselves and who might be a danger to themselves or other people.

This is a topic that strikes home for me as my great-grandmother on my dad's side was confined to an institution for many years until her death in 1956. She suffered a total, irrecoverable breakdown brought on by having too many children too close together ( I think it was 8 in 9 years). Luckily for her and her fellow patients the state mental hospital was well run for its time. It was finally closed in the late 1980s.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Bill "thanks for leaving so we could draft Bergeron" Guerin ;)

Interesting....

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad