OT: Around the NHL | Two Weeks Until The Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah but with their being so much more talent in the league now, i get why some gms were worried about which player to give up or not. So many young guys who have potential that they developed for years, only to have him exposed(multiple players on teams).

17 years since last expansion. So much more talent since then.

It's such a double edged sword. I see both arguments of this expansion debate. On one hand 500m is a shit load of money to not get something big. However look at a team like Nashville. They TRADED Hornqvist for Neal. And they couldn't protect him after making a trade like that because Neal only had 1 year left on his deal. So that blows for a team like Nashville who would have probably loved utilizing Neal as an expiring contract.

I don't know. I go back and forth so much on this so much in my own head.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
This is gonna be a much better finals than last two years for non pens fans.

We went up 2-0 the last two years. 3-1 agaisnt Sharks. Dominated that one.

These two teams are alot closer. Alot of back and forth. Last years finals were all blowouts until game 6 when we won it all 1-0.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Vegas just keeps coming in waves.

I remember when the Pens used to play like that.

They will again next year..no worries. Getting rest..alot of these newer guys have more experience in system now. Healthy. No target on their backs for all 82 games. And actually have that hunger again.

Cant wait til next year..with this roster. Thats why i dont want to move kessel or letang yet. Lets see this roster rested up and healthy. With Sprong in there as well.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Holtby looked like a real mess.
Who was that guy playing Gs 6-7 v Tampa?

I thought Holtby was terrible in Game 7 but Tampa was so far on the perimeter it was ridiculous. I thought Tampa SUCKED. Hedman, Kuch, and Stammer were all brutal. Holtby left juicy rebounds all over the ice and nobody from Tampa could get in close.

Reactions: Andy99

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
MAF's gonna have to steal this series which he can do if he keeps the amazing run he's been on up. But this is MAF, this is high stakes...

Easily the worst D core WSH has played in these PO's.
Up front, LV just needs to buzz like the '16 Pens and every puck and body goes to the blue.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
MAF's gonna have to steal this series which he can do if he keeps the amazing run he's been on up. But this is MAF, this is high stakes...

Up front, LV just needs to buzz like the '16 Pens and every puck and body goes to the blue.

On paper..but Vegas plays much better team defense than Pens and Tampa

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Are we talking about on paper or in reality? Because Vegas is playing better than pretty much any other team's defense that the Caps have played. At least leading up to this series.

They've been tremendous at keeping the front of the net clear and not making Fleury have to make saves through multiple bodies in front or multiple rebound opportunities.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
The first period told us nothing. Both teams got to the net, Vegas' strategy worked for a while, then Caps strategy worked for a while.

This is going to be a hell of a series if it keeps going like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad