OT: Around the NHL | Two Weeks Until The Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Are we talking about on paper or in reality? Because Vegas is playing better than pretty much any other team's defense that the Caps have played. At least leading up to this series.

They've been tremendous at keeping the front of the net clear and not making Fleury have to make saves through multiple bodies in front or multiple rebound opportunities.

I agree and disagree. I don't think Vegas does a great job around the net, but they don't try to. They have heaps of missed reads and average positioning but teams have to skate so hard to keep the puck away from them and get multiple chances.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
LV's defense is MAF plus the speed at which they defend as a group.
I can agree that their combined team D is better than most tho.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
LV's defense is MAF plus the speed at which they defend as a group.
I can agree that their combined team D is better than most tho.

They're a great example of who dares wins. Just go hard, try to make plays, let the chips lie where they may. I hope Sullivan is taking note, we should play aggressive like 2016 even if we're not doing as well in front of our net as we hope to.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They're a great example of who dares wins. Just go hard, try to make plays, let the chips lie where they may. I hope Sullivan is taking note, we should play aggressive like 2016 even if we're not doing as well in front of our net as we hope to.

I agree but it requires excellent goaltending, which we didn’t get this year so I understand why he accommodated a different style....

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Fleury is swimming a bit. Not blaming him for any goals but he has just been okay. Of course Holtby hasn’t been very good either

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
The goaltending is.... interesting. People gave Murray **** for things and these goals are about 200x worse.

Its also the finals...and game 1. We'll see later on.

Still expecting Fleury to outplay Holtby but you cant ask for a better matchup in the cup...both "seemed" to have overcome their confidence issues. Two best goalies in playoffs...yet could collapse at any moment. Id say Holtby has been getting way better luck tho. How many times now has a puck beat him but rolled past the crease...stopped at the goaline, etc?

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
this second line, oshie, Backstrom Vrana is just so good, so tenacious good skating, Vrana's speed, maybe someone should start watching tapes...

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Caps are going to get tired. Theyre not used to skating like this.
they ahd twose two soff teams Pens and Bolts, however their tactic is still awesome, as long as they can make offense without their defense and have two guys back all the time, they will be hard to beat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad