OT: Around the NHL: Trade deadline looms

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Sportsnet just showed Jay McKee behind the bench as coach for the Kitchener Rangers. It's always odd seeing former Pens in other roles.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I've watched the Wild several times this year. Really like their team. However, with BB as their coach, I would think Wild fans would feel a growing sense of impending doom as the playoffs approach.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Burns had 11 shots today. :amazed: Dude is such a beast this year. And you can give the puck away if you are doing the great stuff he is doing. Just wow. What a year for Burns.

Dat shot. Just nuts.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Burns had 11 shots today. :amazed: Dude is such a beast this year. And you can give the puck away if you are doing the great stuff he is doing. Just wow. What a year for Burns.

Dat shot. Just nuts.

He's up to 24 goals on the season. That's just crazy. It would be something if he could somehow end up with 40, though that's asking a lot given he'd need 16 in about 26 or so games (60 goal pace).

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Habs having a serious rough time and on a good pace to slip in the standings a few spots at this rate.

About to drop to 10-16 in last 26.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Habs are who I think go ape **** and go all-in at the deadline. I think there is some serious pressure there.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Sabres fan in peace, but looks like Disco Dan lost the team pretty quickly. He is the worst coach I've ever seen, how did you guys put up with him so long?

Nick Filpowski from Wkbw had this

Listening to #Sabres postgame comments -- BUF is a fractured team, w/o discipline, doesn't pay attention to Bylsma & no respect for the game

Ashley Chase a TV Reporter from Pittsburgh quoted the tweet and responded with

A familiar sound has finally made its way up I-79 and across I-90

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
DB:
+ A player's coach so the players tend to like him.
+ More upbeat system focused on offense
+ Can get a lot out of grinders.

- Stubborn as **** and never thinks he needs to change his game plan.
- The one major thing he screwed the Pens on is losing the team's accountability. He held nobody accountable. It was like a big ass playground.
- All vets were given love, rookies weren't allowed anything. Youth could never prevail.

His bad just far exceeds anything good he brings. He's seriously an ******* and I thank God he got us a Cup in 09, but his tenure after that is a joke. The team fell apart slowly and then completely blew up after 2013. Bylsma is probably the most frustrating coach I've ever witnessed in any sport. His ass should have been fired in 2011. Just hope your GM doesn't cling onto him like Shero did.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
DB:

- The one major thing he screwed the Pens on is losing the team's accountability. He held nobody accountable. It was like a big ass playground.
- All vets were given love, rookies weren't allowed anything. Youth could never prevail.

His bad just far exceeds anything good he brings. He's seriously an ******* and I thank God he got us a Cup in 09, but his tenure after that is a joke. The team fell apart slowly and then completely blew up after 2013. Bylsma is probably the most frustrating coach I've ever witnessed in any sport. His ass should have been fired in 2011. Just hope your GM doesn't cling onto him like Shero did.

Thanks for this, he is doing the same thing to our team, except I don't think many players on the team like him. I think Eichel hates him actually. He switches lines that work well, dump and chase with players and a team that have enough skilled players to enter the zone without doing that, once we get a lead we go into complete NJ devil turtle mode. It looks like he has finally lost the locker room now, and his postgame interviews are absolutely the worst I've ever seen, no emotion at all and nothing of substance.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Habs are who I think go ape **** and go all-in at the deadline. I think there is some serious pressure there.

Definitely and I think they'll regret it.

DB:

His bad just far exceeds anything good he brings. He's seriously an ******* and I thank God he got us a Cup in 09, but his tenure after that is a joke. The team fell apart slowly and then completely blew up after 2013. Bylsma is probably the most frustrating coach I've ever witnessed in any sport. His ass should have been fired in 2012. Just hope your GM doesn't cling onto him like Shero did.

Ftfy. That series against Philly should have been the end and he was never going to be fired with all of those injuries in 2011. Looking at the overall picture that 3-1 collapse against Tampa is really damning and fits the Disco Dumbass norm but 2012 was the realtime breaking point.

My question with Bylsma was if he couldn't or wouldn't adapt. I suspect he's incapable of much growth but if he is it was always likely that it would be after getting fired from Buffalo. That idiot is at his best squeezing blood from a stone but never understood talent. An old, not so talented stone he can relate to and connect with.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
This was the end of DB in PIT:

My take on him is that he's fun to start. He'll give his stars free reign to do pretty much anything.
But when his strategies lead to bad play/losses and frustrated stars, he has no idea how to dig them out of that.
Like everything he's teaching isn't working and then he comes at you with more positive crap and you just eventually get fed up with him.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think Montreal is the team that lands Duchene just because Bergevin is desperate to make that big splash and has been trying to and waiting for the right player.

Which would suck because Duchene is a perfect Sullivan fit.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Sabres fan in peace, but looks like Disco Dan lost the team pretty quickly. He is the worst coach I've ever seen, how did you guys put up with him so long?

Listening to #Sabres postgame comments -- BUF is a fractured team, w/o discipline, doesn't pay attention to Bylsma & no respect for the game

The org put up with him because Crosby and Malkin carried the team to the playoffs. He's a moron.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Thanks for this, he is doing the same thing to our team, except I don't think many players on the team like him. I think Eichel hates him actually. He switches lines that work well, dump and chase with players and a team that have enough skilled players to enter the zone without doing that, once we get a lead we go into complete NJ devil turtle mode. It looks like he has finally lost the locker room now, and his postgame interviews are absolutely the worst I've ever seen, no emotion at all and nothing of substance.

Does he do the water bottle swig pause before he answers a question?

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
He's up to 24 goals on the season. That's just crazy. It would be something if he could somehow end up with 40, though that's asking a lot given he'd need 16 in about 26 or so games (60 goal pace).

Maybe he can afford a dentist and a haircut then. There's being a lumbersexual and then there's being simply disgusting. :laugh:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Maybe he can afford a dentist and a haircut then. There's being a lumbersexual and then there's being simply disgusting. :laugh:

MH9xmuh.jpg

Waddya mean???

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

When you have the two best centers in the game and a top 10 D, it can mask a lot of problems.

Though, to be fair, DB wasn't always so bad. His issue is obsolescence. He began his career on close to equal footing with other coaches, but they evolved whereas he won the cup and decided he had nothing to work on and nothing more to know.

Started as a minor disadvantage and got a little worse every year as every other coach copied everyone else's new tricks, eventually leading to what you're seeing, where you'd be at less of a disadvantage with Ted Nolan or Jack Capuano.

We're talking about a guy who was fired, then gave an interview saying he would be spending the summer "figuring out what systems other teams play." Shouldn't he already have known that?

I wonder if he has some form of early-onset dementia. Early in his coaching career, he sounded like a scholar in his post-games. By the end, he was babbling and stuttering like an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad