OT: Around the NHL: Trade deadline looms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmv

Oct 23, 2016
Sucks that Sid missed those 6 games, it's looking like McDavid won't let up the lead. The Flyers incident was pretty funny- 2 generational talents are now on the bad side of Philly :laugh:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Sid will catch up. Mcdavid will slow down ...especially if the oilers start losing towards second half of season.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Sid will catch up. Mcdavid will slow down ...especially if the oilers start losing towards second half of season.

The Oilers may start losing more, but I think McDavid will still produce a lot. Remember, they get to play Calgary, Arizona, and Vancouver a lot.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Regardless of McDavid I would have loved to see Sid play a whole season this year with the way he's playing. This is as good/healthy as he's looked in a few years.

What the hell was Price thinking there?

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
Good on Lovejoy there. I don't know much about his temperament but I'm a little surprised that Schneider didn't come down. I mean the other goalie is taking at least 4 swings at your teammate. Might want to investigate that Corey.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The Oilers may start losing more, but I think McDavid will still produce a lot. Remember, they get to play Calgary, Arizona, and Vancouver a lot.

Yup. McDavid likely has the scoring title in the bad. The West is terrible this year.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Regardless of McDavid I would have loved to see Sid play a whole season this year with the way he's playing. This is as good/healthy as he's looked in a few years.

What the hell was Price thinking there?

I love how there is no call on the play for Petry running Palmieri into Price, but after Price get's up to beat on Palmieri a penalty is awarded to him for goalie interference. Just pathetic

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Looking at the McDavid/Manning thread on the main boards, it really confirms the fact that the people who call out alleged whining are generally the biggest whiners themselves.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I like Clutterbuck a lot and absolutely think he's one of the best pure fourth line players of his generation...but you simply do not give a five year extension to a physical fourth liner who will turn 30 a month into the season that contract kicks in.

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
Looking at the McDavid/Manning thread on the main boards, it really confirms the fact that the people who call out alleged whining are generally the biggest whiners themselves.

I could only stand to read about five pages of that thread. I did see a Flyer fan (I'm pretty sure) say something like "Keep that stuff on the ice. Oh, well. He'll learn." I was shocked. A Flyer fan NOT accusing a young star of whining?! Since when?? But I guess, after reading your post, the thread devolved into calling him a whiner.

Gunnar Staal

Mar 17, 2004
Remember when the whole world laughed at Garth Snow signing Rick DiPietro to a fifteen-year deal?

It's like they never learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad