OT: Around the NHL: Trade deadline looms

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Good for him! Now we just have to worry about Adams. :laugh:

My worry about Adams is the next time I hear his name, it's going to be as US Director of National Intelligence or Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee or something.

I don't necessarily want a G-man knocking on my door asking me to explain why I suggested kidnapping Craig Adams and strapping him onto a rocket ship bound for Mars (50 or 60 times).

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Vermette just intentionally slashed a linesman.

Not smart.

Gets abuse of official penalty.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
vermette just intentionally slashed a linesman.

Not smart.

Not sure if he should get suspended or not. I'd probably say yes, because messages like that need to be sent, but it doesn't look like he was slashing him to hurt him.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Yikes, Vermette. History or no history, you gotta come down hard on stupidity like that to set a precedent.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Vermette just intentionally slashed a linesman.

Not smart.

There's definitely more to it and I want to know how the league handles it. Because it looks like the ref is holding some sort of grudge against him with the way he dropped the puck, he clearly drops it before Vermette even settles in and it's obviously a biased drop but to slash the ref? Yikes.

League is going to have to be careful with the Wideman thing. Vermette is probably looking at 10-15 games min.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Montreal is nuts with the whole "gotta hire a French coach" thing. Too bad they didn't apply that to their players as well. "We'll take Fleury and give you Price!"

They're super selective. I remember that Don Lever thing, he was next in line after the last coaching change and they didn't hire him because he's not francophone. But hey, good ol' New Canaan, Connecticut boy Max Pacioretty is ok to be Captain, lmao.

And I bet you anything they would probably be like "He has french canadian in his blood because of his grandma on his father's side!!!" - Like they're that freaking delusional.

I honestly hate the Habs because they are ass backwards and it's one of the reasons I am against another team in that province. Back when it was a bias thing with the league, I can understand that, but everyone else has moved on with the times except them in that aspect. I hope Price continues to suck hard, people think just because Julien is in that the personnel they have is going to suddenly turn Price into a goalie god again, Tuukka Rask can tell you otherwise.

Look at Rask's numbers - Bruins allowed the 2nd lowest shots against in the league.
Look at Price's current numbers - Habs allow the 12th lowest shots against in the league.

Pens are 2nd for Shots for and bottom 5 for allowing the most shots against, but I like how Murray isn't in any conversation. How is a goalie that is a rookie, a number one, and a top 5 for sv% not in any conversation behind the defense he has. I hope Price continues to slide.

Price in his last 10 games has been worse than Fleury in his last 10, yikes.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

Not sure if he should get suspended or not. I'd probably say yes, because messages like that need to be sent, but it doesn't look like he was slashing him to hurt him.

I saw that live. It was crazy. I remember Jagr getting 10 games for lightly jostling a ref, it's crazy that Vermette isn't getting more than a slap on the wrist for that. :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I saw that live. It was crazy. I remember Jagr getting 10 games for lightly jostling a ref, it's crazy that Vermette isn't getting more than a slap on the wrist for that. :laugh:

If Vermette isn't getting a slap on the wrist for that then there's a good reason why. If you saw that faceoff, it looked like he got screwed and it could be that the ref was being vindictive about it, but still, that slash should have at least received an in person hearing invite.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
If Vermette isn't getting a slap on the wrist for that then there's a good reason why. If you saw that faceoff, it looked like he got screwed and it could be that the ref was being vindictive about it, but still, that slash should have at least received an in person hearing invite.

I dunno, again, Jagr got 10 games for jostling a ref, and there's been other similar long suspensions for intentional contact with officials. It's worse that it's a stick offense, because you always have to be in control of your stick at all times.

I mean, I'm sorry Vermette's a small-donged manbaby who had a tantrum, but honestly, **** him.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
There's definitely more to it and I want to know how the league handles it. Because it looks like the ref is holding some sort of grudge against him with the way he dropped the puck, he clearly drops it before Vermette even settles in and it's obviously a biased drop but to slash the ref? Yikes.

League is going to have to be careful with the Wideman thing. Vermette is probably looking at 10-15 games min.

Didn't see the video yet, but I'm curious as to what lead up to that? Was Vermette being a baby all game, or was the ref just being stupid with the puck drop?

Even if it's the latter it doesn't justify slashing the ref, but my God do the refs **** around too much with puck drops. It seems like too often they make it out to be this long ceremony when instead they just need to drop the ****ing thing and keep the game moving.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

Friedman has reported its been officially classified as a category 2, which means 10 games minimum. Im sure something will be released by the NHL today.

ETA

Aug 8, 2008

Suspend both of them...?:sarcasm:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
My worry about Adams is the next time I hear his name, it's going to be as US Director of National Intelligence or Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee or something.

I don't necessarily want a G-man knocking on my door asking me to explain why I suggested kidnapping Craig Adams and strapping him onto a rocket ship bound for Mars (50 or 60 times).

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad