Around the NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Bennett has a hearing today

Especially, in games like this, fans want a pound of flesh. You usually grab a pound of roast/steak though. Bennett tried walking away with a pound of minced meat. Some fans are trying to argue the difference between something more refined like carpaccio vs pre-ground hamburger meat.

I get why Florida fans wanted retribution. I get why they are upset they are the only ones who got in trouble and why they think they'd rather have Bennett suspended more, but a few other players on Tampa getting some suspensions/fines etc. When you look at all the plays in question, it's all dirty. But Bennett basically did the equivalent of bringing a gun to a knife fight. You can't net the difference of 3-4 knife plays with a single gun play.

Is it better if Bennett gets 2 and McDonagh etc. get 1? I dunno.
No dog in the race though, roshambo is entertaining as F.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I totally would have given him that contract back then. He's basically Lucic at 1/4 the cap hit

He's more like Tkachuk than Lucic IMO. He's more pest and sandpaper who can occasionally score vs clobberer who shoots at net and scores here and there.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He's more like Tkachuk than Lucic IMO. He's more pest and sandpaper who can occasionally score vs clobberer who shoots at net and scores here and there.
Nah, Dube nailed it. Hathaway is Lucic that skates better and kills penalties. Since going to teh Caps he's also developed more of a mean streak and is closer to a poor man's Tom WIlson

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Hathaway doesn't blot out the Sun like Looch does. He's more like Ritchie except that since leaving Calgary he's developed into a much better player.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
The nhl needs to address the rules about the cap in the playoffs, it's such a joke that Kucherov was healthy for game 1 of the playoffs but missed the entire season which allowed Tampa to stay cap compliant.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
It will bring me great joy when that Lightning team is dismantled. I really can't stand them

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The nhl needs to address the rules about the cap in the playoffs, it's such a joke that Kucherov was healthy for game 1 of the playoffs but missed the entire season which allowed Tampa to stay cap compliant.
If he was sitting healthy I'd agree, but Kucherov had a similar surgery to Seguin, who returned just a couple weeks ago and got shut down after a couple games because he wasn't 100%. Kucherov had his surgery a month later than Seguin and resumed skating around the same time, so like it or not, this was his recovery schedule.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Wonder what its like to be the owner of the Panthers, you keep sinking millions into the franchise each year only to watch the league shamelessly hose your team.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
If he was sitting healthy I'd agree, but Kucherov had a similar surgery to Seguin, who returned just a couple weeks ago and got shut down after a couple games because he wasn't 100%. Kucherov had his surgery a month later than Seguin and resumed skating around the same time, so like it or not, this was his recovery schedule.

And if I'm not mistaken, injuries like that are checked out by league appointed doctors so it's not like a player or team can just fake it.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Tampa used the cap to their advantage which was helped along because they have a really, really deep team. I ain't upset they used LTIR as intended and won't be upset if it doesn't change, but I will be especially happy if they end up eliminated with $90m worth of players, vs the castaways like Duclair, Bennett, Marchment, Verhaege, Forsling, Lomberg, etc. Just another reason to root for them to lose

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
And if I'm not mistaken, injuries like that are checked out by league appointed doctors so it's not like a player or team can just fake it.
there is a thread on the playoff board where it talks about how the league investigates things like this and how Kucherov actually returned early, he wasn't actually expected back until June

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

I mean.
I know a guy who's been on disability for a loooonnnggg due to a leg & back injury, when he sees insurance related doctors, he cranks it up.

It's not that difficult to tell a doctor: Yeah, it's still really sore. It feels stronger... but it's still not quite there.

The NHL won't push players back into playing because they'd have a war with the PA.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
coming from the Canucks garbage bag day....

E12EyldVIAMMJE2
Tre making sure Benning looks worse than him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad