Around the NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
I hate myself for not hating the Canucks anymore. They just aren't as relevant and don't have the 9 dickhead players they used to have. Would rather have them beat the Oilers and make the 2nd round.

Also, f*** the Oilers up their own ass. The f*** is this bullshit. Going to kill myself when the Flames make 3rd in the Pacific and no show the BoA in the playoffs.

Maybe settle down a bit. The battle of Alberta will be a good one if Calgary can maintain their spot.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
The Oilers aren't a good team but they are a tough matchup. Their whole schtick is rope a dope and getting every phantom call go their way.

I don't want to play another 8 v 5 playoff series against them after the joke officiating in the last year's playoffs.

Then again I don't think Mike Smith can handle a playoff series at his age. He didn't look too hot following the first five periods of last year's series either

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Minnesota and Blackhawks look like, and feel to me like they're heating up down the stretch. Of course the big fish to us are Vancouver and Arizona, but I don't like that they're creeping up. Anyone know if they have particularly tough schedules ahead or not, cause I'd like to hope they have something to slow them down coming up.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Minnesota and Blackhawks look like, and feel to me like they're heating up down the stretch. Of course the big fish to us are Vancouver and Arizona, but I don't like that they're creeping up. Anyone know if they have particularly tough schedules ahead or not, cause I'd like to hope they have something to slow them down coming up.
Chicago is 3 games over .500. I don't think they're a threat. You'd have to think that 93 points will be the bare minimum to make it as WC2 in the West this year. To put that in perspective for Chicago, that would mean they would go 9-3-1 until the end of the year. Doable, sure, but for Calgary, we need to only be two games over .500 the rest of the way to get to that same mark. I don't feel threatened by them. Happy they could beat the Oilers for us, though.

Minnesota controls their fate relative to us at this point, though.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

With Markstrom out I can see Vancouver slipping out of the playoffs.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
:flames
(35-26-7)
77 Pts
:coyotes
(33-27-8)
74 Pts
:nucks
(33-27-8)
74 Pts

:coyotes:flames:avs
:vegas:jets:cbj
:isles:nucks:isles
:jets:rangers:coyotes
:rangers:stars:avs
:isles:vegas:jets
:devils:wings:bolts
:bolts:kings:ducks
:sharks:vegas:kings
:ducks2:nashville:vegas
:nucks:sharks:sharks
:jets:avs:flames
:ducks
:stars
924Games against teams with less points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

There is little difference in schedule difficulty. Vancouver has 2 games in hand but they are likely in the worse situation with the importance of Markstrom in their line-up.

Calgary will have the slight advantage in that the could go 1 - 1 in games against the Yotes and Canucks. FOr the other 2 for them to take 3rd spot away from the Flames they will need to go 2-0.

Injury wise Calgary and the Yotes are relatively injury free while the Canucks have significant losses in their forward and goaltending ranks.

Reactions: Boomstick

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
6q71ubmm83l41.png

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Well it's a good thing we won tonight. The Canucks made the Avs look very ordinary in the 3rd

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
MacKinnon looked gassed. Wonder if he's running out of steam late in the season, or if it was a one-off.

it’s insane, in the NHL they run stars like this; in the NBA they do laid management; a game much less hard on the body.

MacKinnon has been keeping this Avs team afloat all season, you worry about the playoffs if I’m them. Then again, not like I like the Avs lol.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Dallas has not been kind to us in the OOT in the past few days or so

Edit: Nashville stays nipping at our heels

Last edited:

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
it’s insane, in the NHL they run stars like this; in the NBA they do laid management; a game much less hard on the body.

MacKinnon has been keeping this Avs team afloat all season, you worry about the playoffs if I’m them. Then again, not like I like the Avs lol.

I have no doubt Mack will show up in the playoffs.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Lets Go Blue Jackets! Would love to see the Oilers fall out of the race (or at least us getting home ice vs them).

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
What's going on in LA? They went from guaranteed 2nd last to anywhere from 2-7....

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Dallas has not been kind to us in the OOT in the past few days or so

Edit: Nashville stays nipping at our heels

Wild falls at least.

I can't really see a path for Arizona to make it at this point, so Vancouver is the team we are fighting for third in the pacific. As long as the Flames don't completely shit the bed (and yes, we need to question that as Flames fans), we should make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad