Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I mean, I want to cheer for the Oilers to beat San Jose (cheering more for a Sharks loss than Oilers win), but then they just go and get raped by the Sharks.

Remember what I said about their last victory, that their high of winning will be even more sweet when they lose the next game, well they not only lost, but lost BADLY.

God that is such a disgustingly pathetic joke of an organization.
One of my main coworkers is a huge Oilers fan, he sits and listens to this short Oilers podcast after every game. Man it is BRUTAL :laugh:. I love it when they just sit there and hum and haw thinking up positives for the game. Give them credit though, now they do nothing but shrug and laugh at their misfortunes.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Oiler's could win a few games in the next 10. They're facing some weak competition with a few exceptions.
I hope they do win. The more wins they get the higher up in the standings that they'll finish and the worse their #1 draft pick will be. The Oilers have had more that their fair share of top draft picks. Last thing I want to see this July is the Oilers with a top 5 draft pick.

Capture.JPG

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Oiler's could win a few games in the next 10. They're facing some weak competition with a few exceptions.
I hope they do win. The more wins they get the higher up in the standings that they'll finish and the worse their #1 draft pick will be. The Oilers have had more that their fair share of top draft picks. Last thing I want to see this July is the Oilers with a top 5 draft pick.

View attachment 173963
The problem is, the Oilers are JUST bad enough that they could potentially go 0/10

Reactions: Nanuuk

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I jus wanna say can Flames fans stop commenting on the Oilers ATL? I go there to read their salt not debates.
Stop commenting on the Oiler's ATL? Why? I can certainly agree with stop commenting IN the Oiler's ATL but not on it. It's hilarious. The angst, the anger, the depression, the tears, the wailing, the misery. Its like reading a classic tragedy on the scale of War and Peace.

Nah.. not gonna happen. I do however disagree with members going over there to rub their faces in it... just the way I hate it when our members go over there and lick their boots and kiss their asses. Its like trying to play nice with a pack of rabid dogs. There's a solid chance they'll turn on you in a New York minute and frankly what you're doing is just unbecoming.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
No. and why? I'm not a jerk when I go over there and I haven't been moded. If they don't like it, I don't really care.
Why go over there at all to post? They don't want to hear the truth... or at least not from their nemesis. If you kiss their ass and say nothing at all negative about the team at best all they do is put up with your presence. Frankly I think its a waste of time and effort on your part. Its not like you're building bridges. The hate is too intense over there.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Why go over there at all to post? They don't want to hear the truth... or at least not from their nemesis. If you kiss their ass and say nothing at all negative about the team at best all they do is put up with your presence. Frankly I think its a waste of time and effort on your part. Its not like you're building bridges. The hate is too intense over there.

Because I got to read the salt and then can't help myself. But I'm not going to apologize for it, it's one of my few vices in life :laugh:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Because I got to read the salt and then can't help myself. But I'm not going to apologize for it, it's one of my few vices in life :laugh:
Fair enough but be warned that if you insist on continually petting a vicious dog eventually it'll bite you and then you'll rear back and give it a solid kick in the ribs and then all hell breaks lose. Best not to climb over the fence and get into the cage with it, at all. The fence is there for YOUR protection.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Fair enough but be warned that if you insist on continually petting a vicious dog eventually it'll bite you and then you'll rear back and give it a solid kick in the ribs and then all hell breaks lose. Best not to climb over the fence and get into the cage with it, at all. The fence is there for YOUR protection.

We’re talking about the oilers here.. at best they’re like a senile turtle. Too old and slow to do anything, too dumb to know otherwise.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
We’re talking about the oilers here.. at best they’re like a senile turtle. Too old and slow to do anything, too dumb to know otherwise.
The Oilers themselves may be all that but actually I was referring to their fans... LOL. Like crazed vicious rabid dogs... thoroughly untrustworthy and generally insanely jealous.

Last edited:
Reactions: Janks

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Stop commenting on the Oiler's ATL? Why? I can certainly agree with stop commenting IN the Oiler's ATL but not on it. It's hilarious. The angst, the anger, the depression, the tears, the wailing, the misery. Its like reading a classic tragedy on the scale of War and Peace.

Nah.. not gonna happen. I do however disagree with members going over there to rub their faces in it... just the way I hate it when our members go over there and lick their boots and kiss their asses. Its like trying to play nice with a pack of rabid dogs. There's a solid chance they'll turn on you in a New York minute and frankly what you're doing is just unbecoming.
Sorry i meant in it. Not on it. I love discussing their salt here.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Lol it is really hard to help urself but i stopped or else i knew i was gonna get infractions. Just let em be its more entertaining reading it when theres no flames fan being all polite trying to debate a salt mine.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Lol it is really hard to help urself but i stopped or else i knew i was gonna get infractions. Just let em be its more entertaining reading it when theres no flames fan being all polite trying to debate a salt mine.

Fair enough, I'll slow it down a bit at least. The salt is where it is truly at, let it flourish :laugh:

TBH there are a handful on their giving the flames props even though they hate us. But most are sooooo out too lunch it is hilarious.

A guy the other day actually thought Hamonic was a crap defender...I couldn't even resist.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
If the Panthers suck this bad against the Oilers they stand no chance here tomorrow night.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Apparently, getting 2 points from the Panthers today will start the comeback for the Oilers. Comedy in misguided hope.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Certain Sharks fans on the main board have me really pulling for the Knights in this game. That said, the real right answer here is a regulation finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad