Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Would be awesome to see, but also gut wrenching. Nothing is worse than losing to the Oil. But I do agree, would be nice if two competitive Alberta teams could knock the crap out of each other in the post season. You guys look strong under Hitch, should make for an interesting rest of season!

I believe Dube is currently the odd man out especially given is contract status. We have the depth at forward that he's better served developing in the AHL. Guy often took bad shots, it's like he doesn't understand how to protect himself yet at the highest level. At times he also seemed overwhelmed, so I believe we need to roll slowly with him. When fully healthy with Backlund and Frolik there isn't really a spot that serves his development at this point in time. which is fine, we have enough depth in the bottom six and guys that suit that role better. What we could really use is another big bodied RW or C who can chip in every now ands then. Size is an issue for this team in the present.

Would also be nice if James Neal didn't pull his best Lucic on us and got going :laugh:

Actually Hitch is using Lucic correctly now. Identity Line.

We gotta hope for BOA again . It was the best

DirtDiver

Aug 14, 2017
Canada
The best part of the flames winning right now is all the salt from the coilers page. I love it.

I just wanted to know if it is normal for other fans pages to spend so much time focused on other teams?

Reactions: Nanuuk

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I haven’t watched one single full Oilers game, that didn’t include the flames this season. I find it highly amusing that a large number of them watch almost every flames game :laugh:, also, how triggering Tkachuk is to them, it’s awesome.
It’s little brother syndrome. They talk big game, but really want to be just like us.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Klefbom out 6-8 weeks. I'm impressed that the Oilers defense has actually managed to get worse.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Klefbom out 6-8 weeks. I'm impressed that the Oilers defense has actually managed to get worse.
Russell is out too, I believe. Gonna be tough for them to keep up their play unless both Koskinen and Talbot become brick walls.

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
Oilers trying to pull a Flames against the Canucks right now down 2 with a minute to go.

....And they've failed.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Oilers lose, Flames win.

All is right in the world on this Sunday night.

Edit: lol, half their post game thread is just complaining about the officiating. Every time they lose it's always the refs fault, no one elses.
I dont think any other fanbase has such a victim complex. They got 4 first overalls and complain about the league!!! Every single game its just whining about refs, refs, refs, refs refs. So annoying.

Reactions: Janks

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Oilers lose, Flames win.

All is right in the world on this Sunday night.

Edit: lol, half their post game thread is just complaining about the officiating. Every time they lose it's always the refs fault, no one elses.

It’s either the reffing or schedule makers. See below :laugh:
Really the whole club hit a wall tonight. They’ve played 9 games in 17 nights, which is nearly unheard of.

Definitely unheard of. So rare the Flames just did it from November 30 to last night (17 nights) we played:

1) Kings
2) Hawks
3) Blue Jackets
4) Wild
5) Preds
6) Oilers
7) Flyers
8) Wild
9) Blues

Those darn schedule makers are up to no good with the Oilers schedule for sure...

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
It’s either the reffing or schedule makers. See below :laugh:

Definitely unheard of. So rare the Flames just did it from November 30 to last night (17 nights) we played:

1) Kings
2) Hawks
3) Blue Jackets
4) Wild
5) Preds
6) Oilers
7) Flyers
8) Wild
9) Blues

Those darn schedule makers are up to no good with the Oilers schedule for sure...
I feel like the Oilers (and Devils) actually are going to be susceptible to shoddy schedule making this year due to their European series at the start of the season.

That's still not an excuse, however. Every team has to deal with challenges, so they aren't special in that regard.

On a similar note, I found myself actually rooting for the Canucks last night. Nice to see them get that win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad