OT: Around the NHL: The Playoffs | Boudreau Team Blows a 3-2 Lead; Water Remains Wet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
I bet you any money he gets shipped out of Anaheim over the summer. Looks like a change of scenery may help him out a bit too, since he pretty much got torched by other teams and Anaheim's fanbase since the concussion.

I'm fearing he may be like Melichar after his shoulder injuries, just painful to watch.

Who's gonna take on that contract when he clearly isn't the same after the scrambled egg??

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
w2xav.jpg

Only one game tonight, don't really need to post this I suppose. lol

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Mostly a victim of his own success. He's taken non-playoff teams to the postseason in every full season.

No excuse for losing to MTL in 2010, but he's done fine otherwise with the rosters he's been given.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Burns got the third Norris nomination. Frankly, I think that's a disgrace.

I like Burns as a sort of bull in a china shop X-factor, but he doesn't play any defense at all. Just sort of roves around wherever shooting slapshots, crashing the net and running into things occasionally. Ideally, he should be back on wing, imo, where he's a sword with one edge, instead of two.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010

I like Burns as a sort of bull in a china shop X-factor, but he doesn't play any defense at all. Just sort of roves around wherever shooting slapshots, crashing the net and running into things occasionally. Ideally, he should be back on wing, imo, where he's a sword with one edge, instead of two.

Yeah. At the very least, choose only one of Burns/Karlsson as the "dem points" candidate. And I'd say Karlsson wins out there.

Letang was the best D-man in the game from December on, IMO. I'm not sure if that gets you a Norris, but it should get you a freaking nomination.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Yeah. At the very least, choose only one of Burns/Karlsson as the "dem points" candidate. And I'd say Karlsson wins out there.

Letang was the best D-man in the game from December on, IMO. I'm not sure if that gets you a Norris, but it should get you a freaking nomination.

Well, EK at least plays the position. He over-commits pretty much constantly, but everything he does right and wrong is in the context of trying to be a defenseman.

It didn't have to be Letang, but Burns is just not a reasonable nomination to me for Best Defenseman. If it had been Klingberg, I probably wouldn't have brought the nominees up. Hell, if it was Gostisbehere, I probably wouldn't have said anything.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Well, EK at least plays the position. He over-commits pretty much constantly, but everything he does right and wrong is in the context of trying to be a defenseman.

It didn't have to be Letang, but Burns is just not a reasonable nomination to me for Best Defenseman. If it had been Klingberg, I probably wouldn't have brought the nominees up. Hell, if it was Gostisbehere, I probably wouldn't have said anything.

I'm not sure what Burns is. When he was at wing before, he looked gassed by the time the playoffs rolled around. He couldn't play that kamikaze style for a full season.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

No different than Karlsson, at least Burns has other aspects to his game besides offense.

Doughty deserves it by far, but east coast bias will play into it again. The fact that Weber didnt win it when he deserved it and that Doughty has never won it is a bigger disgrace in my eyes. Its sad that the east coast media doesnt pay attention as much as they should to western coast teams due to the different time zones.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Doughty has never really had the dominant Norris season until now, though. His reputation has been built upon his play in the playoffs and olympics. It's a regular season trophy, he hasn't been robbed of one yet.

Letang in these playoffs is starting to open a LOT of people's eyes.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Bruce Boudreau should never work as an NHL head coach again. He was giftwrapped two premium NHL rosters stacked with talent, ran one of them into the ground and accomplished **** all with the other.

He spent 20 years as a minor league journeyman coach with good reason. He doesn't belong here.

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009
Rocking the old school Sharks jersey tonight, hope they can knock off the Predators. Would love to see big Joe & co. win the cup if the Pens don't. :sharks:

Nah. Preds all the way. Then I can rock my Krivokrasov Preds jersey and Neal Pens jersey :yo:

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Nah. Preds all the way. Then I can rock my Krivokrasov Preds jersey and Neal Pens jersey :yo:

You could also break out a Radulov jersey, if you had one, in honor of the Preds, and in light of rumors of his return to the NHL.

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia

Burns is infinitely more effective playing D than he is at wing. Yeah, he plays as a roving 4th forward and is not so good at all in his own zone, but when he's far less effective when he's just a roving.. 3rd forward. Plus he's got a partner that can more than cover for him anyways.

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia
Bruce Boudreau should never work as an NHL head coach again. He was giftwrapped two premium NHL rosters stacked with talent, ran one of them into the ground and accomplished **** all with the other.

He spent 20 years as a minor league journeyman coach with good reason. He doesn't belong here.

The Caps ran themselves into the ground, first by forcing Boudreau to play a defensive style that didn't suit his coaching style nor did it suit the roster that they had constructed. Secondly by replacing him with Hunter, an awful coach, and then Oates, another awful coach who was Bylsma-level cocky about his terrible decisions. Thirdly, by McPhee making a bunch of terrible moves.

There are plenty of good coaches that can't get it done when it matters most. Boudreau is just one of them. He isn't a minor league coach like Mike Johnston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad