OT: Around the NHL: The Playoffs | Boudreau Team Blows a 3-2 Lead; Water Remains Wet

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'm rooting for Philly to soften up Washington in 7 for us.

That said, can you imagine the fireworks if Philly upsets Washington in 7? That's a pretty epic meltdown.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't follow the West nearly as much as the East but I'm pretty pumped to see LA and their brand of trash hockey go by the wayside yet again this year. Hopefully for Big's sake, Sutter moves along and takes his obstruction-oriented, "olde tyme," ice wrasslin' show elsewhere and lets that dirtbag Brown tag along. Kopitar is about the only enjoyable thing on that entire squad of meatheads, plodders and go-north drones.

Jumbo Joe and Burns seem to be in some sort of competition for who can look the most like a lumberjack who got washed up on a desert island for a year. I'm kind of disappointed neither has started adorning those animals on their faces with fish bones, shells and lucky totems they carved out of their broken sticks.

Watching/listening to Barry Trotz attempt to explain what the hell happened in that game was uncomfortable. But not as uncomfortable as listening to Hakstol trying to spin it as some sort of legitimate win and not a complete goddamned fluke that they should be half-embarrassed about.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
man do I hate the Flyers, but if it means another epic Washington collapse I can cheer for them to make the comeback I think :laugh:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I want to say I can eat crow after Round 1. I've been disgusted in the past with Big Joe T's performance in the playoffs with the Sharks. He played terrific hockey. Joe as good as Pavelski, but damn good hockey.

I hope the Sharks make it to the finals. If it's not us, i want it to be them.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm rooting for Philly to soften up Washington in 7 for us.

That said, can you imagine the fireworks if Philly upsets Washington in 7? That's a pretty epic meltdown.

I still refuse to root for anything. I rooted for Montreal because we matched up well in 2010, and it bit me in the ass.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I still refuse to root for anything. I rooted for Montreal because we matched up well in 2010, and it bit me in the ass.

I'm not rooting for Philly because I prefer the match-up, I'm rooting for Philly because it would be hilarious if they came back :laugh:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I want to say I can eat crow after Round 1. I've been disgusted in the past with Big Joe T's performance in the playoffs with the Sharks. He played terrific hockey. Joe as good as Pavelski, but damn good hockey.

I hope the Sharks make it to the finals. If it's not us, i want it to be them.

Eat crow please. I'm so happy for Jumbo!

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
A Sharks-Blues and Pens-Panthers finals match up would be fine.

If we lost I would have no problem with any of those winning.

Expecting Chicago to win tonight though.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I dont know if the hawks can keep wining with their defense. I mean after the first ot against st.louis they played the **** out of keith hammer and seabrook. Then their other defencemen ranged from like 20 minutes to 7 minutes...

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
A Caps meltdown and loss would be epic, but I am not sure they are that bad. Regardless of what happens, I really want the Flyers to push it to a game 7.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
A Caps meltdown and loss would be epic, but I am not sure they are that bad. Regardless of what happens, I really want the Flyers to push it to a game 7.

If Neuvirth keeps that up for 6 more periods (or however many OTs it will take for Philly to pot a legitimate goal) they should name a new trophy for best playoff troll after him.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Eat crow please. I'm so happy for Jumbo!

He played **** passive hockey in postseasons prior. I'm not sure why we should be happy for him. He's playing the way he should now, their team filled some holes in the offseason, and they're taking advantage of the super powers in the West being flawed teams this year.

I'm happy to see LA get eliminated. I do not like that organization.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
He played **** passive hockey in postseasons prior. I'm not sure why we should be happy for him. He's playing the way he should now, their team filled some holes in the offseason, and they're taking advantage of the super powers in the West being flawed teams this year.

I'm happy to see LA get eliminated. I do not like that organization.

They got quite a few players on bad contracts that are either past their primes or near the end.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
For my NHL bracket challenge I picked the Kings to win the west.. but when I picked them, somehow in the back of my mind I forgot about Spumoni (Scuderi) on the Kings. I've should have known better that the Kings were skating with 5 Dmen.

This is for all the Kids out there, Never pick a team playing 5 Dmen.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Nashville pushing the pace, Andersson with all the answers. I don't think the Ducks will be going back to Gibson this series, possibly their whole playoffs.

edit: Boudreau, "Well we're certainly not playing very well." I kind of love that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad