OT: Around the NHL - the playoffs are upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Oh yes yes.

I have room for the Penguins. Been watching them since I was old enough to put on skates. Every other team can sit and spin as far as I'm concerned. Some more than others.
I need a list of which ones you have some animus towards and to what degree.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I've dislike Oshie since he was traded to the Caps, but that's just great for him to get a hatty the game he comes back after his dad's passing.
I agree, that'll mean a lot to him when looking back. I'm happy for him in that regard.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I've dislike Oshie since he was traded to the Caps, but that's just great for him to get a hatty the game he comes back after his dad's passing.
Yeah, good for him. He's a sneaky dirty player himself, and a bit of a rat, but it was a decent feel good moment in a shit sandwich of an embarrassing game. Made me think of Murray when he lost his dad.

I also realize now with all the pundits talking about him that he grew up playing hockey in Minny. Maybe the whole "seattle can draft a hometown boy" thing is really overblown.

Looks like the Preds are in
Is it official? I saw that Dallas still has a game in hand and a potential 6 points to pick up, so I thought maybe the Preds had to wait a few more days. Obviously they're going to get there, though.

That's a heck of a turnaround for them. Not the post-Sully hiring Pens, or the 2019 Blues, but they looked like lukewarm puke earlier on this year. I couldnt believe they were rumored to be trading Ekholm, Ellis, Forsberg, etc. And yet they still had JOHN f***ing HYNES as their coach and were not going to try firing his ass first. He hasnt seemed like the right coach for that team from the get go, but its clear that the whole front office there needs a refresh.

Anyway, good for them. Despite the final against them a few years ago, I wouldnt mind seeing them hoist a cup as long as it's not against us. I know they were a low seed in 2017 and won the west, I wonder if they could surprise Carolina....probably not but still :laugh:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Jake-Gyllenhaal-shaking-head.gif

Imagine if we could focus on this instead of the side show..

Reactions: Tom Hanks

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Reports are that Olczyk will be the lead(!) analyst on TNT. So, a new deal on a new network, and they go with the same dull figures. Anyways, 5 years of "that's gotta get in deep."

EDIT: Craig Morgan is also reporting that Ferraro (now that's who I'm talking about!) is in line to be the lead analyst on ESPN.

“He doesn’t do a flyby!”

Anyways. I’m pissed we didn’t go after E. Kane when we had the chance. Playing lights out and exactly the type of forward we need.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
“He doesn’t do a flyby!”

Anyways. I’m pissed we didn’t go after E. Kane when we had the chance. Playing lights out and exactly the type of forward we need.

And his legal situation? There's risk associated with him, at least for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad