OT: Around the NHL - the playoffs are upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
f*** I hate boston so much. I hate this division. Carolina at least plays exciting hockey and Columbus is a joke.
Regarding Carolina and please remember I said this, but barring a rash of injuries to the Lightning, they're not getting out of that division come playoff time.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
No, your focus should switch to the Isles and Bruins. The Isles play two against NJ and one at home against the B's. If they win those three games there a chance Boston slips to 4th if they lose two of their remaining four.

You mean after they just threw 2 to Buffalo? Now they gonna run the gauntlet?

And at this rate the Caps will have the liberty of throwing the final game of the season, which is Boston.
Well, unless we get help from the Flyers :laugh:

I'm preparing mentally for Boston :)

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You mean after they just threw 2 to Buffalo? Now they gonna run the gauntlet?

And at this rate the Caps will have the liberty of throwing the final game of the season, which is Boston.
Well, unless we get help from the Flyers :laugh:

I'm preparing mentally for Boston :)
I believe the Isles last three are at home. They very easily could win out. And that would deal the Bruins one loss there.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Yes and no. Mantha was going after him for his slash on Wilson. He got busted in the chops for doing so. Did Mantha deserve that? No, but he also wasnt completely innocent.

Okay. I was mocking Caps fans who said that about Buchnevich/Wilson.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Okay. I was mocking Caps fans who said that about Buchnevich/Wilson.
I mean if you are going to chase him from one end of the ice to the other, I dont know what Mantha expected Buch to do. Eventually he was going to turn around and react. The whole thing has been a gongshow that I lay completely at the feet of the Caps/NHL.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Watch Stammer and Kooch come back and look like they didn't even miss a day. That would be infuriating.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Scotia North playing for their own Cup this year?
With the standings it will be near impossible to see the Pens play against a North Division team. The canadian team that makes it out is probably going to play against the team with the most points (Canes/Tampa/Colorado/Vegas are probably going to end up with more points than the Pens)

I also don’t expect them to make it to the Finals.

Last edited:
Reactions: rick6668

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I believe the Isles last three are at home. They very easily could win out. And that would deal the Bruins one loss there.
Doesn't look like they care, unfortunately for us.

We're gonna get playoff Rask and a no longer one line team. I'd rather play any other team in the NHL to be honest.
Not saying we can't do it, but I can't imagine a harder test.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Watch Stammer and Kooch come back and look like they didn't even miss a day. That would be infuriating.
Why? They're the best team.

Honestly Carolina isn't all that. If they were in this division instead of the B's they wouldn't have the number of points they've accumulated so far in a very unremarkable central division. Seriously, they aren't that great.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Doesn't look like they care, unfortunately for us.

We're gonna get playoff Rask and a no longer one line team. I'd rather play any other team in the NHL to be honest.
Not saying we can't do it, but I can't imagine a harder test.
I'm not worried. The fortunate thing is very few players are left from 2013. We also have superior depth. We need to be healthy, play with structure and have a high level of execution. Doesn't mean we're gonna win but I do like our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad